Confused in the war of browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Recently, itself i got connected through with gprs. I did think that i would be stuck to Internet Explorer, but got my hands dirty with opera 8.5.
So, the four browsers on which i can rely are
1. Internet Explorer
2. Opera
3. Firefox
4. Mozzila

If u people can give the pros and cons of these browsers, i cud choose 1 of them to stick to.

Also, say which browser u use.

Retro

Journeyman
Aren't Camino and Safari for Mac??

I will go with Mozilla Firefox out there. It is simply the best browser as
1) It offers loads of damm good features
2) Easily Modable, simple strong options
3) Loads Webpages faster than competitors
4) Much More Secure
5) better Search
6) Saves time for you

Maxthon is another cool browser.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Retro said:
Aren't Camino and Safari for Mac??

I will go with Mozilla Firefox out there. It is simply the best browser as
1) It offers loads of damm good features
2) Easily Modable, simple strong options
3) Loads Webpages faster than competitors
4) Much More Secure
5) better Search
6) Saves time for you

Maxthon is another cool browser.

technically, he never mentioned windows :)

IE is there for mac too :p

i was snubbing "indyan" being being an opera p*mp :p

OP
casanova

casanova

The Frozen Nova
True, i didn't hear about them. I was trying to get stable on 1 of these four. Instead of helping me out u r further increasing the confusion.

@Indyan
Can we resume the downloads in opera after a restart. And there is a option copy to note, Whats that

OP
casanova

casanova

The Frozen Nova
sry folks , i didn't mention windows
Ok, i am using Windows XP SP 2 and another add up as i am using airtel GPRS i have a speed of mere 115.2Kbps

Sourabh

Laptoping
You can very well resume direct downloads in Opera even after closing the browser and starting it again.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Gimme Opera anyday! I have it everywhere-on my desktop,on my cellphones.I have been using it since v5 & it keeps getting better & better.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Me for opera too. But, sometime the plethora of features its loaded with confuses newbies. So, i'd suggest Opera cos its small yet feature rich and fast. You can add similar features to FF too but then it would grow large in size compared to opera. But, then FF has one big pro that its open source - i know something you seem against. But, being open source, it has a lot of buzz around it and lots of good add-ons are developed for it. So, FF is a good choice too nonetheless. IE is simply no-no for me. Mozilla, hmmm. I think FF is better.

So in short I'd recommend
1)Opera
2) FF
You decide which one suits you better.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i like FF... only because of the extetion called Adblock.... realy gr8 tool...

@casanova
for chosing a browser... its depends totaly on the user side... we can suggest a name... (name huh?? which u already have)... but liking it or not... its on u mate... u have try then to see the whether it suits ur style of browsing or not....

sakumar79

Technomancer
Shouldnt this thread be reported considering that there is a sticky in QnA on "Common Topics Covered..." which has links to existing threads dealing with this subject?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18535

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30860

Arun

Biplav

In the zone
Sourabh said:
You can very well resume direct downloads in Opera even after closing the browser and starting it again.

yes u can resume. but make sure that u are not resuming downloads from sites like rapidshare.de and megaupload.com as there is a time limit given to download the file.
if u are not downloading a file, say u have paused then u better resume it within 6 hrs(i think) to get the resume function working.
i had to restart many vital downloads again b`coz i didnt knw this.

mehulved

Biplav said:
if u are not downloading a file, say u have paused then u better resume it within 6 hrs(i think) to get the resume function working.
i had to restart many vital downloads again b`coz i didnt knw this.
I don't think so cos I've resumed downloads after many days quite a few times. It could be if the file or the filename changes than it must be causing a problem.

G

gxsaurav

hmm, indyan no matter where Opera stands, there still a few things I wuld like to have in it, by some extension or addon, like a Real time cookie monitor, like GuardIE for IE & Cookieculler for Firefox, & also a downloadwith like extension, now there could be an SDK for opera, but still i don't find little addons like this anywhere

OP
casanova

casanova

The Frozen Nova
i am finding opera good, but the problem is here that i am unable to open gmail (my inbox) in opera. Also in IE, i am successfull after a long try.
I repeat again i am connected through airtel gprs at 115.2Kbps. So ne tweaks 4 this.

mehulved

Which version of opera are you using? If its 8.5 there should be no problems. It does take a bit of time to open gmail. Or maybe you must have javascript turned off.

OP
casanova

casanova

The Frozen Nova
the problem i am facing is that after i login it shows the loading page but doesn't move ahead of that. Should i cjange from standard view to the basic html view. And where r the profiles saved in opera???

mehulved

Can you check that your connection is upto full strength. Its not slow cos that could be the problem too. Yeah the standard view in gmail takes a bit of a time to open especially if you're browsing too much at a time. HTML view is a lot faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom