confused b/w AMD & Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey friends i m planning to buy a laptop between range of 50k~60k for wifi internet, lil games & other basic utilities.

I previously had a celeron based lappy but its outdated today....so i wanna buy a laptop that may be running good in markets with good reviews. i want global warranty also.

I m interested to go with HP Pavillion, compaq presario, Dell and acer.

My first preference is with dual core based processors.
for this i m confused whether to go for AMD Turion64x2 processor TL 50/52(1.6Ghz) or to go with Intel Core Duo T2250 (1.73Ghz).....

I have heard that most of peope go with Intel bcoz of its easy availability & nice resell value......is dis true?
Friends do reply which processor will be better???

magnet

Youngling
regardin resale there is no intel/amdstuff fight...but yupin lappies intel rules.......
regarding comparision btw proccy

Core2Duo (Merom)>Core Duo (Yonah)>Turion 64 X2>Pentium M (Sonoma)>Turion 64>Sempron~=Celeron M>Pentium IV-M =Pentium IV(credit to superczar frm te for this chart

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
I prefer Intel coz U can resell it easily & can a good resell price. (since resell value is essential requirement in case of lappy). AMD is also good but it's difficult to resell it & I m sure that after some time U will need to resell ur lappy (as U r reselling ur celeron now).

aquamatrix

Journeyman
Intel has a good resell value just because of its name, coz the people buying the laps usually have no idea of what AMD is, but the recent core2duo and coreduo laptops are really great you should go for them.

paul_007

Padawan
yes go intel processor based laptops having 945 based chipset,it will b within ur budget and also a good performer

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Ya! AMD heats up more. Theoretically it is assumed that it won't heat up more than intel but practically it's true. Many of my friends have experienced that.

magnet

Youngling
amd heats up?????dude get life.........its an old story way bak during 1996-2000...on contrary intel heats up more now......excluding c2d

kumarmohit

Technomancer
magnet said:
amd heats up?????dude get life.........its an old story way bak during 1996-2000...on contrary intel heats up more now......excluding c2d

AMD mobile processors do heatup man if u want a proof read about the Compaq with AMD Turion in October 2006 Digit laptop reviews

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
^^
yes prescott was a dog of a core....especially when they stuck 2 of them together....in the Pentium D.......

Anyways....go with AMD...u have C&Q also to improve the battery efficiency..

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
n2casey said:
Ya! AMD heats up more. Theoretically it is assumed that it won't heat up more than intel but practically it's true. Many of my friends have experienced that.
Which century do u belong to man

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
AMD Turion consumes more power than Intel Core Duo based chips. So it makes sense to go for Intel Core Duo based laptops since battery life is more important in laptops.

OP
R

return_of_vengeance

Journeyman
1 of my friend who has done hardware & networking course, he tells that u wont find the parts/accesories for amd based laptops especially after the warranty period....& v all know that intel based laptops, accesories r easily found...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
return_of_vengeance said:
1 of my friend who has done hardware & networking course, he tells that u wont find the parts/accesories for amd based laptops especially after the warranty period....& v all know that intel based laptops, accesories r easily found...

Which parts and accessories are you speaking about? Can you name few of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom