confused about which Altec lansing to buy... 2.1 or 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
well altec lansing 2.1 speaker is Rs 3k but 5.1 speaker is Rs 4k ..............so I cannot decide which one to buy 2.1 or 5.1 ??

please help

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Ur same thread is already der den why other one?u cud hav asked this in ur other thread which is related to speakers only.i'll suggest u to go for AL 251 5.1.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
i hav Creative inspire 5.1 they r gud but i hav seen few AL speakers which r much better wid almost same price..thats why i m suggestin u to go for AL speakers..or else u can also look for Logitech.

OP
H

hellomotto

Banned
ya just now asked the price there in LTroad they said " altec 5.1 is 3200, creative 4.1 is 2650 and AL 2.1 is 1800 ."

royal

Padawan
hellomotto

if most of ur time is spent listening to music then a 5.1 does not make much sense :(

however if ur into gaming or watching DVD movies then a 5.1 is a must :cool:

47shailesh

Security Exp
hellomotto said:
well altec lansing 2.1 speaker is Rs 3k but 5.1 speaker is Rs 4k ..............so I cannot decide which one to buy 2.1 or 5.1 ??

please help
I wud suggest u 2 buy creative 5.1 they have good bass punch and terby delivers good gamin xperince specially when u play UT, farcry and bla bla action genres altec 2.1 lack surrond sound sound and its sound distorts at high volume and lack bass punch. so i reccomend 2 go for 5.1 do not luk 4 money if u want better quality.

OP
H

hellomotto

Banned
47shailesh wrote>>
"I wud suggest u 2 buy creative 5.1 they have good bass punch and terby delivers good gamin xperince specially when u play UT, farcry and bla bla action genres altec 2.1 lack surrond sound sound and its sound distorts at high volume and lack bass punch. so i reccomend 2 go for 5.1 do not luk 4 money if u want better quality."

well .. is that really true 47shailesh ?

other plz give ur opinion

suave_guy

pedal to metal
maybe he's talking about the old altec AVS series but apart from that altec speakers have never let down in any aspect, infact distortion problem is more with creative and it also suffers due to low power...as far as bass is concerned creative was never that good(except for megaworks and gigaworks)

reagrding your original problem...
i wud suggest that if you watch dvds n play latest games on your computer like doom3 and if you have a multichannel onboard or spearate soundcard than definately go for altec 5.1 otherwise if music is your main priority and occassional gaming than you can opt for altec 2.1

ENjoy...

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@hellomoto: I have Altec Lansing MX 5021 and I do not think that it's sound distorts at high volume. I usually keep the volume level over 3 (max is 5) when I play Doom3, FEAR or Farcry. Recently I also bought the DVD of "Doom:the movie" and the sound is absolutely rocking, soecially with surround sound enabled in the windows control panel. But the sound would have even been better if you have 5.1 channel speakers, especially when playing DVD movies. It is must, as a matter of fact.

So I suggest you buy the Altec Lansing 5.1 speakers.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
digitized, mx-5021 speakers are excellent speakers, in terms of audio quality no pc speakers can compete it not even high end 5.1 speakers when its comes to pure audio quality...compliments to your excellent choice!

but sadly altec is missing a trick here....i dont understand why they are not concentrating much on 5.1 segment....man i just wish that altec comes out with the 5.1 version of mx-5021

guys mark my words that if altec ever comes out with the thx certified 5.1 version of mx-5021 than all the other speakers (including megaworks and logitech Z-series)will bite the dust....and i'll be the first one to buy them irrespective of their price....

hope altec is listening....

ENjoy...

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
When I bought the MX-5021 in April 2005, it cost me Rs.10500 (ok, don't fall off the chair ;) ). Prices must have dropped to under Rs.9000 by now.

47shailesh

Security Exp
Altec Lansing MX5021 2.1 Speaker wud cost u arround RS6500..And Altec Lansing FX6021 2.1 Speaker wud cost u arround 10000RS both delivers excellent quality above all it competitors.... If have deep pockets and can shell out some pennies then u shud go 4 1 of these

suave_guy

pedal to metal
yes altec lansing fx-6021 is also worth a mention, specially their looks which are very futuristic and each speaker contains around 6 tweeters(not exactly sure) but still it is not at par with mx-5021, mainly coz it lacks any dedicated midrange speaker and subwoofer is also above average, nothing out of the ordinary

mx-5021 subwoofer rocks due to the use of polypropylene(first in its class)

price of fx-6021 is also not justified

ENjoy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom