Confirmed - Windows XP SP3 by year end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Will it -wont it ! Its atlast confirmed that Windows XP service pack 3 is in development and will be released later this year.

*www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/may07/05-21MSJuniperPR.mspx

sandeepk

Journeyman
But at neowin they are saying that MS said that it is a mistake and the date for SP3 is still not yet decided!! What is the correct statement?

Ankur Mittal

Journeyman
Now this is the final word that I have to say.It maybe sad but Windows XP SP3 will be released in the first half of 2008 and this is a confirmed news.I seaching on net I finally reached to this site so just take a look-
*blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=470

Here is what the site reads-
Sorry, Windows XP fans. It looks like the “end of 2007″ date for XP Service Pack (SP) 3 that was in a Microsoft press release issued this week was mistake.
At the end of the (east coast) day on May 23, a Microsoft spokeswoman provided the following update:
“I just received additional information from the product manager responsible for SP3. While we’re still not talking specifics, he did point to the following link as an accurate timeline for our preliminary plans for SP3: *www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx. Again, these are just preliminary and we will share more at a later date. Please do reference this link for current timing and disregard the release from InterOp, which is inaccurate.”
So it looks like XP SP3 is still — as of today — a “first half of 2008″ deliverable.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Anand, it's a false alarm. This is what a quote in Microsoft website says...

Microsoft is announcing that Windows Vista supports this protocol today and Windows Server® 2008 and Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) will support it as well later this year. The Juniper Networks UAC solution is expected to support the new TNC standard in the first half of 2008.

This is not linked with the Windows XP SP3 release. It's mistaken quote.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Yep! Unofficial Windows XP SP3 is already making rounds everywhere. But I suggest you not to install the unofficial version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom