Configuring WIFI in FC5 on Compaq Presario V3029A

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
Hi Friends,

One of my friend has Compaq Presario V3029A LAPTOP. He has configured WIFI provided by our college on Windows XP (it was a breeze).

Now we are planning to configure it in FC5 (Fedora core 5)......

The college has given us following details.......

1. Two DNS server IPs: which I will insert it in /etc/resolv.conf in following manner:

nameserver A.B.C.D
nameserver W.X.Y.Z

where A.B.C.D & W.X.Y.Z are any two DNS server ips provided by the college. (My friend has it , i don't remember it exactly)

2. Then Second thing College has given us is a static ip for the LAPTOP. Thus using "netconfig" command I will assign static ip to the laptop.

3. Third thing which college has given us is proxy server ip. How to use it and where to insert it.

I know FC5 has wifi manager under internet.

First and foremost i will click wifi manager and make the laptop search the wifi network......

Can some please tell what to do after that.........and how to use that proxy server ip.

I mean what all files I am suppose to edit and what all daemons n services i m suppose to start.

What if LAPTOP fails to recognise the wifi network ?

I would really appreciate if you guys and gals can give some links for the wifi drivers if needed or any step by step configuration documentation for FC5

Actually i need to take the all the details and drivers with me to college bcoz while configuring there would be no internet and hence i can't take any online help.

Waiting for your reply.......

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
well i dunno much about this wifi thing
but still but out this e-book
*it.olin.edu/documents/Linux/fc5-wireless.pdf

also u will need to install drivers first for ur lappy
[SIZE=-1]*www.intel.com/support/notebook/sb/cs-006408.htm

hope it helps u

[edit]:links fixed! wonder why mehul edited my post??
[/SIZE]

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Configuring WiFi using Fedora 5 in Compaq Presario laptop
Click here
Note: It contains full Instructions for Configuring WiFi using FC5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom