Configure Visual Studio .NET 2002 to use Framework 1.1 SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

silicon_ghy

Right off the assembly line
Hi
I want to install Framework .NET 1.1 SDK to use it with visual studio (Visual Basic .NET) 2002 IDE. As I searched the web pages, I find out it is not possible. Only VSNET 2003 works with framework 1.1.

Then, a freind of me who is also a student like me gave me a workaround.

Which is, first of all uninstall all framework 1.0. Now VSNET 2002 will not open giving a compiler not found. Now install framework 1.1 & SDK. Go to windows\Microsoft .NET\Framework and rename the folder 1.1*** to 1.0***.

In the VBNET2002 intallation folder rename the FramewokSDK to something and copy the .NET1.1 SDK 1.1 folder as FrameworkSDK in VBNET2002 installation directory.

Now everything works fine. I have prepared a small single form program (Hello World), which doesnot run on a win98SE with Framework 1.0 but runs ok in another one with Framework 1.1 redis*.

Is it possible to do things this way. Can I use these settings to build more complicated applications, like RDBMS later.

Thanks

i.am_mayur

Broken In
dude of course it is possible
whatever u did was not at all required.U could have siply upgraded ur .net framework to 1.1 .It is very much poossible .I had done it myself earlier but now i use vs.net 2003

.net framework is nothing but a collection of base class libraries and the IDE.When u upgrade ur framework,u should see a new IDE (the developent window) that is the only change ull see even in vs.net 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom