config. needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

manasgta

Broken In
I am buying a comp.Please suggest me the best config. i can expect in 21-23k.I initially thought that i would build a decent gaming comp. around 30-35k but there is a problem now so i had to cut it down.Still try to suggest a rig which supports gaming and can be upgraded later.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) AMD X2 5200+ : Rs. 5k
2) 790G based motherboard: Rs.5k
3) 1Gb DDR2 800: Rs.1.1k
4) cabinet: 1.5k
5) Sony DVD writer: 1.2k
6) Seagate 250Gb sata2 HDD: Rs.2.2k
7) APC 500VA UPS: 2k
8) Creative Inspire 2.1: Rs.1.5k
9) microsoft k/b and mouse: Rs.700
10) Pick the monitor depending on how much money is left.

If you pick AMD X2 4200+, you save around 2k and add that amount to display option and you can get a 15" or 17" LCD monitor.

15" LCD i think costs around 5k now.

ASUS M2A-VM costs around 3.3k but is based on old 690G chipset. for good gaming, go for 790G. Damn good chipset.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Reason for picking 790G is:

1) best onboard graphics chipset
2) hybrid crossfire. This means that tomorrow, if you buy any ATI card, you can configure onboard chip and PCIexpress card to work in Crossfire mode, thus getting more Graphics performance out of your rig.

OP
M

manasgta

Broken In
Yes desiibond has given a great config.I was just thinking if anyone could configure me a system based on intel cpu(probably c2d e4500).If it cannot be done then i'm fine with it,i'll buy desiibond's config.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Here's Intel config:

1) Intel Core2Duo E4500: Rs.5k
2) Abit IP35-E : Rs.5.5k
3) 1Gb DDR2 800: Rs.1.1k
4) cabinet: 1.5k
5) Sony DVD writer: 1.2k
6) Seagate 250Gb sata2 HDD: Rs.2.2k
7) APC 500VA UPS: 2k
8) Creative Inspire 2.1: Rs.1.5k
9) microsoft k/b and mouse: Rs.700
10) Pick the monitor depending on how much money is left.

but with the AMD config, if you get the 4000+ processor and the 690G chipset, you will get 15"/17" LCD monitor inside your budget but with the Intel conifg, you have to stick to the CRT 15".

Don't go for the Intel Pentium dual core. isn't worth at all.

Last edited:
OP
M

manasgta

Broken In
Thanks again.
One more query - does this mobo helps in gaming ,i mean does this has some decent oboard graphics like the one in the amd config.It's only then i can decide which one to buy.

Ok i put it 2 u.Which of the config. is better for gaming?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
sorry. forgot to tell you. This mobo doesn't have onboard graphics. Get MSI NX8600GT for 4.5k.

else go for gigabyte Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L board. decent gaming but not for serious gaming.

If you are not going to install any graphics card any where in the near future and if you don't use Linux, go for the AMD config. the 790G is damn good chipset and can play most of the current gen games.

but for little bit more, if you get intel config along with NX8600GT, it will be a killer config and with some overclocking, you will be able to play games like crysis (though at minimum settings), Company of heroes, F.E.A.R

Among the two, Intel's config has more upgradeability.

My pick would be the AMD config with a 17" LCD monitor and later, save money and get the AMD's 3x series Graphics card.

remember, for AMD, you have to get the 790G chipset based motherboard.

Last edited:
OP
M

manasgta

Broken In
yup i've decided to go for the amd config. and would be buying it soon.But one more thing i searched the net and couldn't find any mobo model based on the 790g chipset.Could anyone pls. suugest a few models based on the 790g chipset.

Basic:

2 X 1GB DDR2 800 RAM - 2k
Samsung 22x DVD-RAM drive - 1.5k
Good Keyboard + Mouse - 1k
500W PSU - 0.9k
Tower - iBall Baby - 0.6k
HDD - WD 160 GB - 1.5k
GPU - AMD ATi Radeon HD3650 - 5.5k

Intel:

Abit IP35-E motherboard - 6k
Processor - Core2Duo E8200 - 6.5k

AMD:

MSI 790G motherboard - 6k
Processor - get the best Athlon x2 within 6.5k. prices keep fluctuating

Advice:

take a look at gx_saurav's article *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88066 to help buy a good PC

Warning

With AMD, you get an AWSSOME motherboard, and awssome onboard, and GPU performs better on its mobo. But processor is not so good. With Intel, you get Good motherboard, no onboard, and GPU performs normally on its mobo, but Processor is AWSSOME.

Think carefully before buying.

and yes, remaining cash for Monitor

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yup i've decided to go for the amd config. and would be buying it soon.But one more thing i searched the net and couldn't find any mobo model based on the 790g chipset.Could anyone pls. suugest a few models based on the 790g chipset.

1) *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=639&l4=0&model=2130&modelmenu=1
2) *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=591
3) *global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=prodpage2&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171

OP
M

manasgta

Broken In
Thanks again desiibond.I don't want to irritate u guys but i still have my last set of queries,i hope i won't trouble u again on this topic.Here they go:

:confused: Are there any mobos for an intel processor(like the one's manufactured by companies that make graphic cards e.g xfx 630i,nvidia mobos etc.) having onboard graphics equivalent
to mobo's based on amd's 790g? I've asked this question coz i've always used intel and i prefer it.Though AMD is a good company too and i have nothing against it.

:confused: If there are such mobos then can i add a graphic card to them later and put them in crossfire mode as mentioned earlier in this thread?

:confused: Do the mobos that we have discussed in this thread uptil now have dual-channel support?

:confused: If in the intel config. given above i save money by buying a cheaper processor and mobo e.g c2d e2180 and a cheap mobo without any onboard graphics,and investing the money in a graphic card,would it be a nice option(would it be better than the amd rig)?If yes,then what would be that processor,mobo and graphic card?

:confused: Is the xfx 8600gt that bad?I mean does it really heated up a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom