Config for my Power Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

pa_ajaykumar

Broken In
Hello Friends

Please Help me with the config for my Power Rig. I am going to assemble the power rig with roughly the following config. help me make my decisions. My budget is 85,000 Rs

Intel P4 3.0/3.2 GHz HT LGA 775 Package
Intel i915/925x Motherboard with PCIx 16e Graphics Port. Onboard Sound/Gigabit LAN. Intel/Gigabyte/MSI/Asus Make.

ATi Radeon X800 XT\Pro PCIx 16e based Graphics card with 256 MB DDR3 RAM MSI/Asus/Gigabyte Make.

or Alternatively

GeForce 6800 GT/Ultra Graphics Card with 256 MB DDR3 RAM MSI/Asus/Gigabyte make.

512 MB 533 Mhz DDR2 RAM (will upgrade to 1 GB after 2 month's)

Seagate Barracuda 160/200 GB HDD SATA Interface.

15" / 17" LCD Monitor LG/Samsung/Phillips/Others Make

CD Writer - DVD ROM Combo Drive.

Other Standard Components

I intend to use this system for Hardcore Gaming as well as for Graphics, Image processing and resource intensive AI Programming. Please suggest any changes in config, keeping in mind my budget. Also if any one knows the prices of any of these components then please give the list.

I am considering AMD Athlon 64 as an alternative to P4. what is the best available AMD processor and motherboard that come into my Budget. How does the quality of LCD Monitors compare to that of CRTs. I am considering taking a LCD because of reduced eye strain and light weight. I want to take an 17" LCD with only the required features. I do not require speakers or any thing extra on it. Which one should I take.

Another point i want to find out is whether Intel i875 based mother board is better than i915/925x. does it support PCI x 16e graphics port?

Also can any one suggest me a good Cabinet for my system. It should have at least a 400W power supply and should be well ventilated and cooled. I am ready to shell out 3 to 3.5k for the cabinet.

Please suggest the best config for me along with the Prices keeping in mind my budget. I am planning to assemble the system in the first week of November.
[/b]

G

gxsaurav

1st, 85K might be low, cos U R buying 3 GHz with 6800GT

2nd, stay away from 915 rite now, no need to waste your money on PCI-E rite now, after 1.5 years only

I would say go for AMD64 insted of prescott, I don't recomend prescott due to heat issue, but isnce U want to go Intel, so go for 3GHz that will be enough for anything,

If AMD64 then an ASUS K8V Delux motherboard with Athlon64 3200+ will be enough for your needs, get the newcastle core, with 939 pins, add to it an AGP8X based on 6800GT from Gigabyte or MSI, Strictly not ASUS or Gainward, as they are factory overclocked, DDR400 RAM

When it comes to LCD i don't own one, but I would say a 17" at least, go for Samsung 173X the best LCD with 20ms responce time in india available, it will cost u about 25k

No matter what cabinet U buy, it depends on the availability , the Antecs are available in India but may be not available thre at your place, so check for it, it comes with a PSU already, so don't worry, if U Rgetting seperate cabinet then I would say go for Quantam Chassis with Side exhaust Fan, & a Powersafe 400W SMPS, combined it will cost U about Rs 4k, while the antec one will cost U more then 5k, remember cooling is required, add a front intake fan, back exhaust fan & side exhaust fanb all 80mm from a reputed brand or U will get a noisy system

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
@gxsaurav: the K8v is socket 754 based mobo, how on earth are you gonna use it with a 939 cpu. And the 3200+ isnt a 939 cpu i think. 939'ers start frm 3400+ if i m not misrtaken.

@pa_ajaykumar: You might manage within 90k if u go with AMD64 based rig but u might have to do away with a LCD screen. 939 CPU's cost on the wrong side of 15k and the availabilty of 939 mobos in India is very less. Going for a AMD64 rig based of socket 754 makes much sense or else u will have to wait till prices come down for 939cpus. Antec cabinets come @ a premium. A powersafe PSU will cost you 1.5 for 400W and 3k for 500W. I suggest that you go for a 500W psu atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom