[ Concept UI ] Windows Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I was thinking today, what happened to the good old diary we used to keep in real life? Where did it go, has it vanished somewhere? It seems that it really has vanished, or maybe the form is changed.

We now spend so much time on computers, why not have a diary which we can password protect or share with other family members. So far I have not seen any compelling diary application for Windows so I decided to make a concept UI as I am not a software developer. Now if only like always I could find a software developer willing to make this a reality. Presenting Windows Diary…

Windows Diary uses a database to save all the diary entries. You just start the app & select the date from the calendar on the sidebar which u can show or hide using the sidebar button on the task toolbar & click on the "New Diary Entry" button on the toolbar. You can have multiple diary entries per day & multiple pages per entry. You can edit, add music, video or image to the diary, export the diary entry as a PDF or XPS or mail it to anyone. Then you have the Show/Hide sidebar & Options button.

You can also search for a particular diary entry by name, tag, or date using the integrated search field.

[FONT=&quot]I don't know much, what else would u require in a diary application? Or is there any idea using which I can make it further simple? Let me know in the feedback.

*img115.imageshack.us/img115/4208/mainscreency9.jpg
[/FONT]

casanova

The Frozen Nova
There are many diaries saurav. BTW, nice design and the search at top is absent in most of the diaries present. Did you forward it to MS. Hope this comes as a WGA or Ultimate extra atleast

shantanu

Technomancer
comandable work man, its great , really, i hope M$ will have to keep it in Vista as a Ultimate Extra,, :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Good job, GX. I suggest you work on the icons and make them blend with the Vista interface. They look a bit out of place.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Finally .. GX back on track with Concept UI :D .. was missing this for sometime :). Good work Saurav.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
infra_red_dude said:
I suggest you work on the icons and make them blend with the Vista interface. They look a bit out of place.

The icons u see are already there in Vista. haven't used any icon from outside....they do match the Vista theme.

comandable work man, its great , really, i hope M$ will have to keep it in Vista as a Ultimate Extra,, :grin:

I wish for that, how to forward this to MS? U work there, tell me?

gx koi programmer ko pata lo ... aap UI banao aur woh back end :grin:

I only patao gals :D & serious programmer geek gals who know .Net & WPF are very hard & rare to find.

I was looking at Expression blend beta today. UI like this can be made in 10 minutes, backend part isn't tough either. Application can save every "Diary entry" with multiple pages as a XPS file with some name based on the date

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ Nope.

Yahoo is for chatting & friends mail
GMail is for subcriptions & forums etc
Windows Live Mail is for official stuff

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I still suggest you work on the icons. They look a bit out of place. Or mebbe you can replace the black with some cooler colours or transparencies.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
infra_red_dude said:
I still suggest you work on the icons. They look a bit out of place. Or mebbe you can replace the black with some cooler colours or transparencies.

Like each WPF app, the colour theme is user customisable, which black part r u talking about?The top black part is aerofied so its transparent. The task toolbar colour can be changed, & for the icons plz give some ideas of what u would prefer, u know icons symbolize what they do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom