Computer Upgrade

Gaming Processor... Intel or AMD

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pickster

Professional Layabout.
I wanna upgrade my PC... As of now, it is rubbish but it was good when I bought it...
Pentium 4 1.79 GHz
512 SD RAM
MoBo - Intel D845GLLY
I want to go for basically gaming PC that will run new games for quiet sometime.. Budget : 15K
Graphics Card excluded
Also suggest some good GFX card around 5-7K
Processor can be AMD -or- Intel
DDR2 RAM
PCI-e Slot

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
AMD as of now doesnotsupport DDR2

but as far as gamin is concerned there is no match for it

so my suggestion,

AMD athlon64 3000+ - 5.5k
ASUS a8n-e - 5.5k
1 gb DDR RAM - 4.2k

and for the GFX card, if u can stretch ur budget a notch above 7k, nothing like the nvidia 6600gt 128 mb from BIG, comes for some 7.5k

if not a non gt will suffice

OP
pickster

pickster

Professional Layabout.
vijay_7287 said:
Really? Any news when it will support it? Is this the case in countries like US & UK also?
Is there any site where I can buy the MoBo, GFx Card, Processor & that it can deliever it in Varanasi, India.
Another aspect is that I can wait but I would like a PC that will support Vista..

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Though AMD will perform better for gaming, if u want things for a long run---get a 3.0Ghz+ intel processor and a nice Asus motherboard with nforce4 chipset. Intel complies with DDR2 as well......
Another imp. aspect is the gfx card. Get onboard graphics if u r not willing to spend much....but the real performance for the long run starts from the 6600 gt\ X850

*www.intel.com/products/processor/pentium4HTXE/index.htm

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Though AMD will perform better for gaming, if u want things for a long run---get a 3.0Ghz+ intel processor and a nice Asus motherboard with nforce4 chipset. Intel complies with DDR2 as well......

May i know the reason why Intel would be better in the long run ?
Whats so special about DDR2 ?
DDR2 doesnt make sense below DDR2800 speeds cos of the horrific latencies.

Anyways currently AMD 64 CPUs with onchip memory controller is eating P4 with DDR2 for breakfast..lol :lol:

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
pickster said:
vijay_7287 said:
Really? Any news when it will support it? Is this the case in countries like US & UK also?
Is there any site where I can buy the MoBo, GFx Card, Processor & that it can deliever it in Varanasi, India.
Another aspect is that I can wait but I would like a PC that will support Vista..

i config i suggested is more than enough for VISTA dude

buyin stuff online is costly
if u wanna try check at ebay

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
www.amazon.com does not ship to India, especially computer components. There are some category of items which they ship but computer parts is a no-no for them, simply because of the custom hassles here. Go through their help page for exact listing. If ordering from foreign websites were allowed, then I myself would have ordered all my PC parts from www.newegg.com.

By the way, you were thinking of online shopping, I hope you have a credit card.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
darklord said:
May i know the reason why Intel would be better in the long run ?
Whats so special about DDR2 ?
DDR2 doesnt make sense below DDR2800 speeds cos of the horrific latencies.
I said that coz the AMD processor models r currently evolving, and at a very rapid pace. I voted for AMD as the better processor,but for the long run (say 4 yrs), AMD will change a lot whereas Intel wont change that much( its kinda more saturated thing now)
I heard about the socket AM2 (as u said), the evolving dualcore speeds, support for DDr2 soon......so in a year or 2, AMD will be what should make 1 processor go for a couple of yrs ;)
Thats my opinion.....coz i suffered the same thing when i bought P3 computer and soon p4 came out and :((

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
One question, shouldn't gettign a 64bit cpu should be a major concern considering that future games will really make use of 64bit. I mean wouldn't getting a 32bit cpu be a big mistake in 2005?

Can't I order the goods from www.amazon.com ?
Try ebay.in

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
there is a mobo from asrock it supports 939 pin AMD as of now.. but u can add a special card on it and use AM2 procies too. just in case..
939sata2-dual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom