computer not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimmer

Right off the assembly line
My english is bad, am in learning process so sorry for mistakes in grammar. I read Digit magazine since i loves games in computers. Magazine advises me to buy 8800GTX for smooth gameplay and i buying 2 set of 8800GTX from xfx called ddr3 xxx version. when i come back home to play i remove 7800GTX also from xfx company and now putting 2 new 8800gtx with the SLi my computer does not start. i take my brothers screen called dell 30ultra shape wscreen cause he not use it, and still not computer starting. before i using samsung 17 lcd. i asked my brother who is back home for the problem he tells me that i have check my smpt or smpm so i check and nothing wrong with it. what could be the problem? i put all the wires to the 8800gtx which is having 2 points to put power. if i take out one card then computer starts with both no start. i also buy vista ultimate but i will give it back cause of problem. please help i wait thanks

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Use higher watt SMPS (around 700 W).your current SPMS is not supporting two graphics card.also check the fans in ur cabinate.

OP
Z

Zimmer

very fast reply i thinks 5 minutes thanks... how i know how much watt i have? i see 3 black fans what to check in the fan?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
open ur cabinate and look on the SMPS....there must be paper sticked on it.There U will find all the details abt the SMPS.

OP
Z

Zimmer

i just check and find a sticker it saying antec true power 550 20, now it start but again go of in 5 or 6 second and repeats over again. i think the watt is 550watt. i buy more watt smps with the company you telling me ok. is there some thing like 1000 watt smps, then i never have start problem.
im also having another error with whole other computer. i put old 7800gtx 512MB on my ladys computer because she liking to play flash games and now the computer is so slow, i not think here is also smps problem cause the computer starts fine.

Last edited:

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Just thinking,

did you check Battery on Mother Board, touch battery with tounge if it taste something or strange it's OK, no need to replace it, but if it taste nothing you must change it, see the Numbers and position of battery use same number New Battery.

I'm not H/W engineer but Jack!

shashank4u

Youngling
u shud check out the readme file first and check out for the latest drivers
on nvidia website then tell us..

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^^..he has allready mentioned that his PC works fine with one graphics card...so,No need to test BIOS battery.

Yeah u can chk for latest driver..But I dont think this is driver problem.

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zimmer

i have too many graphic problems, i will best take my 7800gtx back and put her old card back. about my 8800gtx computer i take out 1 card and checking drivers which are 93.71 which are latest i thinks. which brand of 1000 or more watt can i buy? i will buy new smps tomorrow. my friend also having 8800 but gts in SLi i call him and he say his is 850watt from cooler master. i want to get very extreme high watt because i be having more space hard drives very soon with custom processor cooler. problem being when in computer shop here there being too many too choose and then get mixed up. please tell me model name so i ask for only that one and no other. any will be good no worry for money ok.

assasin

Banned
Go for Antec/Corsair 1000-1200W smps.
If ur using Vista and wanna use 8800GTX in sli den u'll hav to download and install Forceware 100.64.it'll provide DX10 and sli support which 93.71 doesnt provide.

shantanu

Technomancer
@assasin you know 1000 watt SMPS costing to ANtec..

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zimmer

yes it work good now..i buy the cooler master 850 series i not finds the 1000+ watt. retailer told me that 850watt good for dual8800gtx. thanks so much for help me.. i happy now

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Two 8800GTX gfx cards + 850 watt smps...WOW!!!

Hey are you planning to sell away your old 7800GTX? or give away for charity?...think of me.

Jokes apart if you r planning to sell ur 7800GTX let me know the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom