Computer have StandBy problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunjan

Right off the assembly line
when i standby my system ,it doesnot start again ,i have WINDOWS 2000 OS .what is solution of this problem
plz suggest me remedy
thanks

saROMan

QA Juggler
well i have the same prob in XP ....when ever i press standby or when my comp resumes after long time being idle..it Restarts......i have diabled hibernation...but no use........can any 1 help???

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Your hardware dont support Standby feature .. thats why it never comes back to life .. the 845 line of Intel boards seem to not support it ..

vysakh

Padawan
i had more or less the same problem in win98. when it resumes from standby the monitor shows the message out the range. i increased my ram to 384. though the error message still comes within a minute everything is fine

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
it_waaznt_me said:
Your hardware dont support Standby feature .. thats why it never comes back to life .. the 845 line of Intel boards seem to not support it ..
hey bat, u r mistaken, i have an intel 845 chipset based mobo, and i can make the system to stand by/hibernate without any probs in both win xp/98
but maybe some 845 chipsets (maybe 845GVAD/GLLY....) doesnt support stand by support....or maybe standby might be disabled in the bios.

anyway, hey gunjan...try the instructions here...
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;228255

Troubleshooting Advanced Power Management in Windows 2000
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;242495

and read these...just in case....
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306455
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326630

hope this helps.....

also, u can try updating the drivers for ur motherboard from the intel website.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well mine is SiS 630.. :( ....hav upgraded to 256MB......BTW b4 this installation there was no prob....bout it...........correction......now my PC resumes properly.........Strange.......may b..it got scared coz i posted the problem here .....:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom