computer freezes when I start surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
Hi all,
I have a strange problem, my computer freezes after 15 - 20 minutes i connect to the internet, i had to restart my pc then. The problem disappears after two freeze.
I scanned my C: drive for viruses and found nothing using AVG 7.1 (latest update files).

Please tell me what's the problem.
using OPERA 8.51 build 7712, windows xp sp2, pentium III 750 mhz, 256 MB RAM.

the problem appears only when i surf the net using opera.

:(:(

shariq_pj

Broken In
Did u check for spywares and stuffs....?

Try cleaning up the system with Antispyware utilities like Spyware Doctor...

If'e it's jus opera try uninstallin and reinstallin it...

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
The problem has become worse. My PC has started freezing at any time. No matter what i am doing. It just hangs and I had to reboot my system.

please help guys.

anandk

Distinguished Member
go in safe mode and scan ur pc for
virus : avg
spyware : microsoft antispyware AND adware or spywaredoctor v 3.1
download, install, updtae and then scan.
avlbl at www.download.com

clean ur pc with 'ccleaner'. also using this tool, remove unrequired startups. www.ccleaner.com
reboot.

if still it doznt help, post ur 'hijackthis' logfile here, please. :roll:

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
yes i scanned for viruses in safe mode and deleted 3 infected files. But the problem persists.

Found no spyware, using outpost firewall antispyware plugin with latest base.

Help.....

rajas700

Youngling
DUDE use one firewall.AVG consit of firewall.And again u use outpostfirewall so remove it and try.use one firewall........

sakumar79

Technomancer
^^ Basic AVG doesnt have firewall...

First, if you have knowledge of Windows administrative side, run msconfig and have a look at any strange programs/services running... If you dont have experience, dont try to disable any of them...

Next, download HijackThis and run it. Copy its result log and post it on this thread...

Try removing opera completely (including its folder and its application data subfolder) and reinstalling it. If not, check with an alternative browser such as Firefox... Even if you dont want to continue using Firefox, this process will help in ensuring if Opera is the source of the problem (which I doubt).

Check your Antivirus scan log and post the virus found and the names of infected files...

Arun

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
probably u have got a low processor.
though 256 mb ram but there may be chances tht ur resources are used up by small programs.
remember check ur startup line up
by using run --->
msconfig---->
startup..
there u can un check many items tht r unknown.
Imean u can trace their path in command tab.
even u can uncheck nerocheck etc
please dont uncheck systray.
OR
Best thing is tht u format ur Hdd partition having WinXP then again install it

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
ya my processor is slow but i have been using it with same programs as i am having now, for the last one year, and never faced this strange problem.

There's no problem in OPERA as the problem appears even if i am not connected.

tell me one thing that the problem is not with my Hard drive

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
what does system restore has to do with it(the freezing problem), if yes then how do I do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom