Computer doesnt start...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanduthebest

Broken In
My computer with Vesta mother board ,celeron 1 GHz has a new kindda problem... it doesnt start. Whenever i try switching it ON, the CD drive's light blinks and the Fan on the processor runs ,,and nothing else happens.
the monitor is blank.the keyboard's lights r not workin(may be it is also not working..)
Now wht do i do ?
Please help me...

Thanks in advance...

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i think it is an obvious with the SMPS the power from the cabinet is not reaching the peripherals so check for that and it should be alright !!!!

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
if ur sure that the monitor is starting up then it seems to an OS prob
trust evn i had such problems
try a boot cd and check ....!!!

expertno.1

Technomancer
@chanduthebest

you should reset the CMOS and then see if your computer boots or not

probably there might be also problem with the loose monitor connections
check them

do u hear any long beeps ?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Please remove the CMOS battery from its socket and reinsert it after a gap of 5 mins...

Also check for any loose connections from ur video card( if u hv) to ur Monitor cord...

Since there r no long beeps then there is no BIOS problem...
Keep posting ur results here bro !:)

cheers n e-peace...

rkb2005

Broken In
Any of your req h/w components is not connected properly or is damaged.(eg RAM hard-disk) Open ur cabinet and re-establish all the wire connections.
The symptoms you described can also result due to an unstable conf in BIOS,but since u didnt temper with it,its possibility is ruled out!!

theraven

Technomancer
the mobo seems to be at fault since the power is not reaching the peripherals and the signal not reachin the monitor

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Did u mnt that da computer doesn't beeps but da light of fdd n cd-rom glow for a few n ur monitor is blank.

OK.

First of all if u think that if smps fan is working then smps is also allright then u r wrong. just make it checked by any engineer also re-insert ur RAM.

Anindya Srivastava

valtea

In the zone
I think unplug all the PCI devices and HDD Cd, DVD drives and attach only processor and Ram (if possible onboard Graphic) and start it. if you still do not hear a beep code then it must be a problem with either MB, Ram or processor. Try putting in a different Ram and then test again.

OP
C

chanduthebest

Broken In
Thanks every one for ur help... the problem was solved by an enginner..he connected a new wire between the mobo and the CD-Drive..(is tht wire wht u call data cable..?).(he removed the old one ..ofcourse...)
Thanks again everyone !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom