Computer as Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahratla

Journeyman
Is there any possibility to use my PC just like an ordinary telephone for making and answering calls if I had a modem and a headphone with mic but not through the internet?

Ishan

In the zone
Yes Man! There is oone software.... I installed it once.(It said that we can use PC like a phone and everything what exactly u want.)
But unfortunately i don't remember it, as i have un installed. coz. i am using bsnl broadband., so modem drivers were uninstalled.(didn't took courtesy to install the drivers and check it.)
But I think i dowloaded it from download.com just a month ago.
But as soon as i remember the name, i'll contact u, I have noted ur email id.
and if u find it plz inform. let me also try it.

Ishan

In the zone
Oh yes. and it was just my mistake. there is option of Free download on the above sit. Sorry Man.

OP
lahratla

lahratla

Journeyman
naveenchandran, what you are referring to is a VoIP software. I'm looking for ways to use my pc just like an ordinary phone using a modem and headphone with mic and not through the internet. I mean listening to what the caller is saying with the headphone and replying the caller with the mic, just like the handset of a landline phone box. Got it?

OP
lahratla

lahratla

Journeyman
I'm looking for ways to use my pc just like an ordinary phone using a modem and headphone with mic and not through the internet. I mean listening to what the caller is saying with the headphone and replying the caller with the mic, just like the handset of a landline phone box. Got it? As of now, I've connected a phone box to the line out jack of my modem. When dialing from the Terminal Service of Disler of my PC, I have to pick up the phone handset as if I'm dialing from the phone box itself. What I'm asking you is how not to use the phone box.

godsownman

Padawan
Would'nt it be easier to simply talk via the phone or a cordless.

And Yes Supervoice does allow this to be possible. Its not VOIP . Its a plain simple software like a phone manager with caller id and answering machine apart from sending faxes too.

naveenchandran

In the zone
Hmm...

Yes It is possible in supervoice.

ok leave it...

On ur Microsoft ®© Windows®© System type "dialer.exe" in the Run window.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
If you're asking that you want the PC to work like an answering machine, then your built-in modem must have a call answering and caller ID feature.
It is in very few modems.
You can check your manufacturer site or modem documentation to see if these features are supported or not.
Then, you can use softwares such as IDentify to do all your phone answering.

Ishan

In the zone
Hey. We can do that easily in win 98. Just go in programs, Acces., communitactions, and there is one option. there for calling some one. not through net. just l like phone.....Oh remebererd it The name is Phone Dialer. Open it from there. Or if it is not there then you can activate it from add windows componets option from add and remove properties in control pannel.
I am not able to find it in XP But it is Win 98. I am Damn sure. I was using it. through Mic. and speaker. 2 yrs back.
So no need to download any softwares.

Ishan

In the zone
Man now i am confused that what u want. !
1)I think that u want to pick up the phone ofrom ur actuall phone and talk through mic. and headphones? then you sud have the socketsa to connect them in ur phone.
2)Or explain a-z what u want. from where to call, from where to pick up, what to see when phone comes and alls that....

so that we can provide u what u want.

OP
lahratla

lahratla

Journeyman
1. I want to use the headphone and mic for both making and answering calls without the need of the phone box.

2. Dialing and receiving from the pc and talking through the mic and heaphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom