compuetr wont start !

Status
Not open for further replies.

atool

Journeyman
i m facing this strange problem...once i switch off my computer for more then 24 hrs and i switch it on cpu sounds the beep but monitor just just shows a dash blinking...then i tried to switch it off aand start again it does not start at all..no beep..no light in keyboard...nothing. now the strange part..after 24 hrs or so when i start it again it again beeps and keyboard shows lights but it still wont startr..well i try to start it again..it goes off again..any help guys..

gannu_rox

In the zone
Here.. Check these out...

Detach all cables frm ur mobo and replug it once again...

Remove RAM n put it again...

I suppose it shudn be a faulty CPU; Anyways double chk coz maybe the 20+4 power socket mite be damaged... Chk it with ur friends system...

Lastly check d CMOS battery...

OP
A

atool

Journeyman
gannu_rox said:
Here.. Check these out...

Detach all cables frm ur mobo and replug it once again...

Remove RAM n put it again...

I suppose it shudn be a faulty CPU; Anyways double chk coz maybe the 20+4 power socket mite be damaged... Chk it with ur friends system...

Lastly check d CMOS battery...

thanks bro..will do that any other suggestions guys ?

any one with any other suggestion ??

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Which OS is it? Try booting through DOS boot disk if u hv one. Try pressing Delete key during startup and see whether HDD is present. Did you change the RAM? If so, try starting your computer using the old RAM. If it starts, then the new RAM is incompatible with your mobo. Is any key stuck? Tighten everything on your mobo. CPU, RAM, Cables, GPU, Sound Card, etc. Inspect the power-supply connectors.

BTW, do u hv soln. for this thread? *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60683

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
so is your computer working yet Atool? can you boot into BIOS? sounds like something might be over heating, if you can boot to BIOS check out system temp, let it sit on temp screen for an hour and check the temp stat. your problem sounds fimilliar to a friend of mine, he had to end up setting up a regular house fan to blow over the whole board (obviously side of case was removed), post back to let us know if your still having issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom