Compression Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maneel

Broken In
Can you tell me of a compression software to save on my Download Upload Limit of my bb Internet Connection.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Maneel said:
Can you tell me of a compression software to save on my Download Upload Limit of my bb Internet Connection.

I am sorry but i do not completely understand your problem !
Please let me exactly what you want or what you wish to happen !

OP
M

Maneel

Broken In
I mean a software that compresses data before downloading it or opening it so upload/download limit on broadband connections can be saved.
wahts UHARC BTW ??

paul_007

Padawan
there is no software which can compress the files before downloading but u can alway use softwares like netsonic, onspeed etc so as to maximize the download

for compressing files u can use KGB archiver which claims to compress 500mb to almost 2 mb but it is very very slow and is having high HARDWARE requirements

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
UHARC BTW- it's high compression multimedia archiver- my vote to this also
after this i will go for winrar3 or later

well so far i had seen the best compression with uharc
a game named shellshock nam 67 was compressed to about 250mb while after decompression it takes about 2.7 gb space
i m not joking

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
@thadhanihemant
@userbanned
thread starter recquires or wants a software that can compress a file "BEFORE" downloading...not after downloading...after downloading we have loads of softwares...

@bit .. onspeed etc are for faster web browsing..not downoading... !

to the original poster...there is NO software that can compress before downloading...

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Maneel

You are asking for a thing, which is practically not possible.
Just forget the thought.

devarajan

Journeyman
::vicky:: said:
KGB Archiver is the best u try that

How it will be help full for Download Limit of his bb Internet Connection.??? Maneel ask's compression software to save on his Download Upload Limit of my bb Internet Connection.. :wink: :roll:

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
manas said:
No software can compress the data before downloading.

But then........
I got an email from a friend of mine who shared 3 eBooks in PDF format with me.
He attached them to his mail and sent them to my GMail ID.
When I clicked "Download All Attachments", I downloaded a ZIP file with all the files in it. And then I tried clicking on individual files and they were downloaded as PDF files !

How come google compresses the files IMMEDIATELY (<2 sec) and sent them for download to my download manager ???

himtuna

Journeyman
google might have compressed the files after your friend uploaded it to them

And you have recieved the compressed formatt

It is not possible to compress the data on the net

It has to be compressed somewhere either on your friends computer (before attaching it)
or google must have compressed it

Or your friend is fooling you, He/she might have attached the compressed files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom