Compiz Fusion Guide on Ubuntu 7.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Here is a guide for all those peeps who are willing to install Compiz Fuison on Ubuntu. This Guide is based on the latest ver. of Compiz Fusion based on Amarnath Repo. This Repo. COntains the latest ver. of Compiz Fusion which stable then previous ver. and has all the plugins that you need :D

Note : To install this ver. you must un-install previous ver. of 3d Desktop manager Like Compiz,Beryl or Compiz Fusion[early ver.]

To remove Beryl Type this
Code:
sudo apt-get remove beryl
To remove previous ver. of Compiz Fusion type this

Code:
sudo apt-get --purge remove compiz* libcompizconfig*
First add Amaranth's repository: To add repo. Just Open the terminal and type this:-
Code:
gkudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
A editor/notepad will open and add this line in the end of it :-
Code:
deb *ppa.dogfood.launchpad.net/amaranth/ubuntu feisty main restricted universe multiverse
deb-src *ppa.dogfood.launchpad.net/amaranth/ubuntu feisty main restricted universe multiverse
Now Since you have successfully added Repo. Save it and close it :)

Now come back to Terminal and type this : -
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get install compiz compizconfig-settings-manager
Now you have successfully installed compiz fusion. Some of the people will be thinking of having a comiz fusion icon in Task bar /Panel. for ease of use :)

So download the .deb file and simple install it by double clicking it :)
Code:
*rapidshare.com/files/50929263/fusion-icon_1.0-1_i386.deb.html

*www.mediafire.com/?9z13xjohs5p
Now you have added icon and installed Compiz Fusion .

Time to rock .. To Open Compiz Fusion Click on Main Menu -> System Tools -> Compiz Icon or press ALT + F2

Type the following if you want :--
  • Compiz Fusion with Panel Icon
Code:
fusion-icon
  • Compiz Fusion without panel icon
Code:
compiz --replace
To Know the shortcuts of Compiz Fusion open the Compiz Fusion Manager simple by right clicking on Compiz Fusion Panel Icon and seleting "Settings Manager".. Enable , Disable the things you want and happy Tuxing :clap:

Some quick tricks:
  • Hold CTRL + ALT keys and with the left mouse button rotate the cube
  • Super + E activates the Expo plugin
  • Hold Super + Shift and with your mouse paint fire on your desktop
  • Super + Shift + C will erase the fire paint
  • Super + Tab activates the Ring Switcher plugin
Here is My Compiz Fusion Desktop Screenshots :)

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/4307_vbiki/Screenshot-1.png *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/4308_aevi8/Screenshot-2.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/4309_by6fh/Screenshot-2.png *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/4310_wslje/Screenshot.png

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@shashwnat,

Source: Softpedia. ;)

two tuto's for installing compiz fusion. :D

their is no need to remove beryl, u can have beryl & compiz simultanously like i have, i can run both(one at a time).

u should hav told me, i wouldnt have wasted my time for makin the tuto earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom