Compatible cartridge & other printer problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Compatible cartridge costs & other printer problems?

Hey, all

Got probs with my printer

Printer Info
Cartridge in use HP27 & HP28
Model: HP 3745 (comes under 3000 series)

Q1. - skip to the Q2 if you don't feel like reading plz

Now I had the B&W cartridge(HP27) refilled from the market 2 months ago, it was working just fine.
A few ago I removed the Colour cartridge for cleaning (without touching the black & white), and suddenly my printer refused to work with the B&W cartridge ( the power light keeps blinking ), displaying an error message that the cartridge needs to be repalced.
Is the cartridge lost?? OR is there any mechanism in the printer to thwart refilling?

Q2.
What eactly are those compatible cartridges. The guy who refilled my cartridge was offering me one for Rs. 450. Isn't that too high? I don't want to buy an original cartridge

Q3.
Any other hack to restore my previous cartridge, I am ready with my soldering iron & screwdriver here ;)

Q4.
Any other methods to test if my cartridge is screwed?

Thanks

Last edited:

anispace

dattebayo
the HP 3500, 3700 series printers use the HP 27 & 28 series cartridges.
U cant repair a cartridge so u will probably have to buy a new one. The original HP 27(BW) cost Rs. 850 while the 28(color) costs Rs. 1000.

Just brought the pair recently for my printer after my previous ones got scewed.

champ_rock

champ_rock
just check those cartridges by insterting then in some other person's printer first.. because it could be some problem with the printer also...

Stalker

Padawan
get original cartriges, using refilled ones can damage ur printer, cause leaks etc...
the original B/w cartridge costs rs. 850
as for ur Q1, try reinstalling ur printer software, may help...........

shaunak

Tux Fan
compatible cartridges are cartridges manufactures [supposedly] "exactly" like the originals. These are manufactured by small companies by crude means hence the always are at the risk of leaking and the print quality is always worse than the originals. they are cheaper; however your printer guarantee will be null and void if you use them.
most i have used always seem to finish much faster than the original refills so in the end on the cost per page front there is hardly any difference.

any attempt at forcefully refilling your cartridge may damage you printer thus costing you way more than buying a new cartridge.

my advice get originals.

Zaysen

Broken In
I have never ever used a refilled catridge the reason being my Canon BJC-3000 Printer has seperate Ink Tank Entity which is fitted on the Catridge. The Ink Tank can be replaced for Just Rs 375-400 if it runs dry. The Cartridge Contains the Print Head and hence there is no alternative other than replacing it. I replaced it last April 2005 when the print head was worn out and it costed Rs 1750/- for a Black BJ-30 black Only One Which Included a ink Tank Worth Rs 400/-. My Printer is Still Going Strong after 2000 page Prints Mainly Text.

My Advise Never Use Refilled or Third Party Manufactured Cartridges. A Penny Wise Pound Foolish Approach.They Will Only Ruin The Printer.Opt For Originals despite the high cost.

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
UPDATE!!

This is weird , my printer suddenly works again! All I did was remove the 'bad' cartridge and just disconnect the printer for several days, since I was feeling a lil miserly to buy a new costly cartridge, then when I was going to buy the cartridge, i decided to give it one more shot, and it worked!!

So whtas happening here, it seems to me the the printer has some sort of memory using which it was detecting the particular cartridge. And removing the powerline earsed 'bad' cartrisge memory. (like bios ) .

MOral : printer complains bad cartridge, just play around for a while :d

sourav

In the zone
i have hp psc 1410 which uses 21 and 22. i got the both of the cartridges refllled. I had used to weird movement by the printer. Sometimes it it refuses to accept and sometimes it accepys it easily. One day, my printer started to refuse to accept that refilled black cartridge. Then, I got my cartridges checked in two cybercafes, and it also didin't work. I got a new black cartridge and it is wrking easily.
My computer repairist said that the man who refiled my printer cartridges didn't do it correctly. He also showed me his mistakes. He said that the idiot who refilled my catridges got some ink splited near the circuit (down-part of the cartridge, the nearby area from whare ink comes out.
On eof bro.s friend said that the new printers of HP have their thread design which many people don't know which leads to incorrect way of refiling.(This is said by bros friend and I don't know how genuine is that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom