Compatibility Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
Hi All,
I am planning to pick up this new PC..
Please go thru the config and help me know if I will have compatibility issue.

C2D E6600 .... 16,400
ASUS P5W DH DLX .... 14,600
TRANSCEND 1 GB DDR2 - 667 Mhz .... 5,800
XFX 7600 GT - 256 MB .... 12,500
CHIEFTEC BG-01-BBB (Cabinet) .... 4,750

Do you think the cost is OK for the mentioned components?

Not very sure about the monitor I wanna buy,
Looking at Samsung 940BW as the best bet. Eyeing on 19inch wide screen LCD.

Some thread talk about CRT being better than LCD, if I am going for a CRT, which one would be your recommendation?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
This system is fine if you don't wanna do serious gaming. But for serious gaming I would recommend a E6400 + P5B/P5B E + 2GB RAM + 1900xt for todays games.

For the near future I recommend, 4GB RAM + 8800GTX/R600 + Quad core in the future.

LCDs are no doubt better, but with a 7600GT you are best off with a 15" LCD which will be crap as this the highest res you will be using for new games.

Get a good card with a 17" LDC TFT. You can get 19" maybe Widescreen from Acer/Viewsonic, around 13-14k or so.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Get a E6400 instead ... coz with that mobo. u should easily hit good clocks , even without oc'ing the ram ..

Spend the extra money to get a 7900GS ... the normal one's should be 15k's max ... that'd be like much better than the 7600GT ..

Also.. .. put some money and get 2 GB ram instead of the LCD ... though the LCD would definitely be the wow factor .. CRT's are just fine ... i'd recommend anyone from Samsung in the MagicBright series ...

OP
S

suhas_sm

Journeyman
akshayt said:
This system is fine if you don't wanna do serious gaming. But for serious gaming I would recommend a E6400 + P5B/P5B E + 2GB RAM + 1900xt for todays games.

For the near future I recommend, 4GB RAM + 8800GTX/R600 + Quad core in the future.

LCDs are no doubt better, but with a 7600GT you are best off with a 15" LCD which will be crap as this the highest res you will be using for new games.

Get a good card with a 17" LDC TFT. You can get 19" maybe Widescreen from Acer/Viewsonic, around 13-14k or so.
Yeah no serious gaming for time being... What u recommend u is cutting down on processor cost and putting it in GC and RAM. Right ?

RAM i m gonna upgrade in a couple of months ;) Same with GC. I will be switching to X10 one after they become cheaper in market :p So 7600GT is just a stand-bye choice. Now for processor i choose to buy a E6600 simply of the 4 MB cache which is not there in E6300/6400.

I was going to buy X2 two months back but held back for C2D. I have decided to finalise on this.

Spend the extra money to get a 7900GS ... the normal one's should be 15k's max ... that'd be like much better than the 7600GT ..

Also.. .. put some money and get 2 GB ram instead of the LCD ... though the LCD would definitely be the wow factor .. CRT's are just fine ... i'd recommend anyone from Samsung in the MagicBright series ...

Upgrading RAM and GC would be easier than upgrading Monitor/CPU/Mobo. :)

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Dont buy widescreen untill you have the graphic card with 1440x900 custom resolution at this these will display amazing screen but on other resolution they show crap images.

Not all graphic card have this feature.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
ranjan2001 said:
Dont buy widescreen untill you have the graphic card with 1440x900 custom resolution at this these will display amazing screen but on other resolution they show crap images.

Not all graphic card have this feature.
The monitor is not something you can upgrade without trashing the old one. Whereas extra RAM can be added at any time. So cut down on the RAM and graphics but make sure you get a 19" widescreen LCD. You're anyways going to add more RAM and get a DX10 card later.

Go for the Samsung 940BW. What use having a C2D if you have to play games on a crap 17"CRT?
Don't worry about the resolution because the 7600GT easily supports 1440x900.

Don't compromise on the E6600. Any lower and you will have to settle for 2 MB L2 cache.

OP
S

suhas_sm

Journeyman
drvarunmehta said:
The monitor is not something you can upgrade without trashing the old one. Whereas extra RAM can be added at any time. So cut down on the RAM and graphics but make sure you get a 19" widescreen LCD. You're anyways going to add more RAM and get a DX10 card later.

Go for the Samsung 940BW. What use having a C2D if you have to play games on a crap 17"CRT?
Don't worry about the resolution because the 7600GT easily supports 1440x900.

Don't compromise on the E6600. Any lower and you will have to settle for 2 MB L2 cache.

I think you got my point ;)

anu0512

Broken In
suhas_sm said:
Hi All,
I am planning to pick up this new PC..
Please go thru the config and help me know if I will have compatibility issue.

C2D E6600 .... 16,400
ASUS P5W DH DLX .... 14,600
TRANSCEND 1 GB DDR2 - 667 Mhz .... 5,800
XFX 7600 GT - 256 MB .... 12,500
CHIEFTEC BG-01-BBB (Cabinet) .... 4,750

Do you think the cost is OK for the mentioned components?

Not very sure about the monitor I wanna buy,
Looking at Samsung 940BW as the best bet. Eyeing on 19inch wide screen LCD.

Some thread talk about CRT being better than LCD, if I am going for a CRT, which one would be your recommendation?
this price is including service tax or without i am also planning to buy C2D E6600 and same mob becoz this board having great overclocking .do u known price of DDR-2 800 MHZ TRANSCEND

Last edited:
OP
S

suhas_sm

Journeyman
This is inclusive to my knowledge. Deal hasnt been finalised yet.

Also Pls suggest me a good PSU. I have come to know that the cabinet that i selected has only 360W PSU !! ......... T_T

Pls suggest me a good PSU. A good PSU in lowest possible budget :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom