Compatibility Check

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by suhas_sm, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suhas_sm

suhas_sm New Member

Hi All,
    I am planning to pick up this new PC..
    Please go thru the config and help me know if I will have compatibility issue.

C2D E6600 .... 16,400
    ASUS P5W DH DLX .... 14,600
    TRANSCEND 1 GB DDR2 - 667 Mhz .... 5,800
    XFX 7600 GT - 256 MB .... 12,500
    CHIEFTEC BG-01-BBB (Cabinet) .... 4,750

Do you think the cost is OK for the mentioned components?

Not very sure about the monitor I wanna buy,
    Looking at Samsung 940BW as the best bet. Eyeing on 19inch wide screen LCD.

Some thread talk about CRT being better than LCD, if I am going for a CRT, which one would be your recommendation?

2. akshayt

akshayt New Member

This system is fine if you don't wanna do serious gaming. But for serious gaming I would recommend a E6400 + P5B/P5B E + 2GB RAM + 1900xt for todays games.

For the near future I recommend, 4GB RAM + 8800GTX/R600 + Quad core in the future.

LCDs are no doubt better, but with a 7600GT you are best off with a 15" LCD which will be crap as this the highest res you will be using for new games.

Get a good card with a 17" LDC TFT. You can get 19" maybe Widescreen from Acer/Viewsonic, around 13-14k or so.

3. deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me New Member

Get a E6400 instead ... coz with that mobo. u should easily hit good clocks , even without oc'ing the ram ..

Spend the extra money to get a 7900GS ... the normal one's should be 15k's max ... that'd be like much better than the 7600GT ..

Also.. .. put some money and get 2 GB ram instead of the LCD ... though the LCD would definitely be the wow factor .. CRT's are just fine ... i'd recommend anyone from Samsung in the MagicBright series ...

4. OP
    OP
    suhas_sm

suhas_sm New Member

Yeah no serious gaming for time being... What u recommend u is cutting down on processor cost and putting it in GC and RAM. Right ?

RAM i m gonna upgrade in a couple of months ;) Same with GC. I will be switching to X10 one after they become cheaper in market :p So 7600GT is just a stand-bye choice. Now for processor i choose to buy a E6600 simply of the 4 MB cache which is not there in E6300/6400.

I was going to buy X2 two months back but held back for C2D. I have decided to finalise on this.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  5. ranjan2001

ranjan2001 Active Member

Dont buy widescreen untill you have the graphic card with 1440x900 custom resolution at this these will display amazing screen but on other resolution they show crap images.

Not all graphic card have this feature.

6. sam9s

sam9s The High 5 Flyer

LCD are in no way "no doubt better" than CRT. That entirly depends on the use. If your prime use is gaming, video editing or anything that uses fast moving images CRT is the choise. CRTs are better suited for those that require exacting color consistency that does not change hue with viewing angle. On the other hand LCDs are much easier on the eyes reducing strain and headaches. Text is also crisper. This improvement is due to the "flicker free" technology of a LCD. For this reason LCD monitors are highly recommended to anyone who works long hours in text-based applications like word processors or spreadsheets. Another advantages are the looks, weight and power consumption, but for Gaming and all video stuff go for CRT.

Suhas other thing is the RAM go for Corsair, trust me. its slightly expensive. 6000 for 1 GB but its the best. Google it for the reviews and you will know what I mean.

7. drvarunmehta

drvarunmehta New Member

The monitor is not something you can upgrade without trashing the old one. Whereas extra RAM can be added at any time. So cut down on the RAM and graphics but make sure you get a 19" widescreen LCD. You're anyways going to add more RAM and get a DX10 card later.

Go for the Samsung 940BW. What use having a C2D if you have to play games on a crap 17"CRT?
    Don't worry about the resolution because the 7600GT easily supports 1440x900.

Don't compromise on the E6600. Any lower and you will have to settle for 2 MB L2 cache.

8. OP
    OP
    suhas_sm

suhas_sm New Member

I think you got my point ;)

9. anu0512

anu0512 Member

this price is including service tax or without i am also planning to buy C2D E6600 and same mob becoz this board having great overclocking .do u known price of DDR-2 800 MHZ TRANSCEND

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  10. OP
    OP
    suhas_sm

suhas_sm New Member

This is inclusive to my knowledge. Deal hasnt been finalised yet.

Also Pls suggest me a good PSU. I have come to know that the cabinet that i selected has only 360W PSU !! ......... T_T

Pls suggest me a good PSU. A good PSU in lowest possible budget :D

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  11. deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me New Member

Well .. get a Antec SmartPower2.0 500W psu ..

12. OP
    OP
    suhas_sm

suhas_sm New Member

The dealer's assembler is saying this 360W server PSU is enuf for the config i have /swt

13. aquamatrix

aquamatrix New Member

your dealer is a nutcase then, get antec 500w or 550 watt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.