Compare for me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
:p I am a regular windows user and having a pc with dual boot xp and 98se but i am planing to change microsoft 98se with Linux UBUNTU can someone compare 98se with UBUNTU in all respects................???????

h4xbox

Journeyman
ask cool dude prav he uses it...and i use knoppix(knoppix is 80% and more of windows)

shortcuts differ for instance ctrl+alt+del is subbed with ctrl+alt+esc

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
First check if it is compatible with your graphics card.Plus you have to install a lot of software after that to play audio and video.If you are a newbie try an easier distro like mandrake or suse.

h4xbox

Journeyman
do u mean to say suse and mandrake are lighter and complete than knoppix ??

I think suse races knoppix , but am not sure abt Mandrake coz... I feel what knoppix has is more than wat mandrake has.

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
Well..Comparing Ubuntu with Windows 98 is somewhat like asking to compare the fastest male and the strongest female... :p

Ubuntu is everything of a Linux-user's delight, except that it too like Win98se cannot be used as a Server...
Though Ubuntu IS BEING used as a server...

Windows 98se was, is and will be presumably THE BEST windows distro ever released!!! And so is Ubuntu, the best Linux according to many!!! ;)

Ubuntu is Dedian-derived and is very very fast...
If you have a decent Internet connection (read: BBand), you can customize Ubuntu to your best needs...

And the best part is Ubuntu is THE FASTEST MOVING distro according to Distro Watch

*img267.echo.cx/img267/2169/ubuntu3pj.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

h4xbox

Journeyman
@prav : Ubuntu is the best ?? How abt Knoppix and mepis or something like Gentoo... pls let me know the ranks in yim or here da.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom