Company Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

naikosen

Broken In
I want to know how the information is placed under the logo of Microsoft in the 'General' tab within 'System Properties'.

I have placed a snapshot (14 kb) of it:
Code:
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/8858/property3il.jpg

I want to know the way of writing information as is written in the snapshot i.e. "Harword Computers" :?:

Thank you very much in advance.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Here's what I think...

I don't know if one can write the info, that which you're asking for, without tampering with the OS's code. I think XP is protected under copyrights and tampering with it, without permission from MS, isn't encouraged.

Also, I have, in my college laboratory, seen logos of Acer Computers(and their contact details), below the XP logo in the 'System Properties' window. I have a theory that the retailers of XP, eg - Harwood Computers, Acer, etc, are those which might be requesting MS, officially, to endorse them and place their contact details on the 'System Properties' window, when they're ordering licensed copies of XP in a bulk quantity.

That is my view, based on a hunch for I haven't looked into the options if one can indeed easily place custom details on the System Properties window.

aadipa

Padawan
*support.microsoft.com/?id=218176

*www.amset.info/netadmin/oeminfo.asp

these links should be enough for u.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
LOL, see? You learn something new every every single day... :lol:

Thanks for the links! I should try it out too...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
The tuneup utilities 2004/2005. I don't know if this is what else it can change, but here's what I did to mine:
*img355.imageshack.us/img355/414/sysproperties3gr.jpg

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Its very simple.
U hv to put only OEMLOGO.BMP and OEMINFO.INI files into System32 folder ( Wndows XP ) or in System folder ( Windows 98 ).
Look at this screenshot:

*img383.imageshack.us/img383/8483/screenshot2yr.jpg

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
an overview of OEMINFO.INI file:

[Support Information]
Line1="--------------------------"
Line2="Mr. Vishal Gupta"

[General]
Manufacturer=Vishal Gupta
Model=U.P. India
Hope u'll get the answer...

And I think there is no size restriction for the LOGO...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
What he meant was that the input picture can be of ny size, but windows simply resizes the picture to that small window.

OP
N

naikosen

Broken In
Vishal Gupta said:
Its very simple.
U hv to put only OEMLOGO.BMP and OEMINFO.INI files into System32 folder ( Wndows XP ) or in System folder ( Windows 98 ).
Look at this screenshot:

*img383.imageshack.us/img383/8483/screenshot2yr.jpg
Hi,

How did you put the picture in place of the Windows logo in system property?

Also the syntax in a batch file copy oemlogo.bmp "%systemroot%\system32" works in a good way in WindowsXP. But the same syntax does not copy the stuff in Windows98. How should I do to perform it?

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
I used Resorce Hacker for first image but the file sysdm.cpl returns to original immediately and image is removed. How to prevent it from changing.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Its becauz of a system file protection service is running in XP, that immediately finds that a system file has been edited and replaces the current file with the default one.
The best way is to replace the edited file in both locations:

System32 folder as well as
System32\DLLCache folder.

There r many s/w available to stop this service as well.
U can also do it manually. U hv to edit the file sfc_os.dll (in system32 folder) and then some registry hacks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom