comp hang when playing video file

Status
Not open for further replies.

dNextAxiom

Right off the assembly line
recently i formatted my comp to install windows vista and had to change the hdd to NTFS but it had some problems so i re-installed windows xp(earlier xp was on FAT)

now when ever i play any video file my comp just seems to hang and dosent play the file. i tried installing various codecs and tried tried various video playing software but it didnt hlped.

i tried using repair xp even re-installed xp(still on NTFS) but it doesnt seems to be playing any video file. can anybody hlp me please.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I assume that you are trying to play through Windows Media Player. If yes, then make sure that it is not a beta version. Try reinstalling it with latest version. Did you try playing it thr' VLC Player?

OP
dNextAxiom

dNextAxiom

I assume that you are trying to play through Windows Media Player. If yes, then make sure that it is not a beta version. Try reinstalling it with latest version. Did you try playing it thr' VLC Player? Today 03:08 AM

i did tried VLC's latest version but it didnt played

Gspot says that codecs are avalible but when i play the file it just hangs the comp

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
That surely is a corrupted or not properly installed codec problem. Uninstall all codec from your PC and install K-Lite Codec Pack Full version.

OP
dNextAxiom

dNextAxiom

i used the vlc that was provided in digit dvd of this month
anyways i will try reinstalling codecs
hope that works
but how to uninstall the codecs?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
If you have not installed any codec package yourself, then nothing to worry. Just install the codec I have given above.

OP
dNextAxiom

dNextAxiom

i tried k-lite codec package and i also tried GOM player
nothing seems to be working
i think i wll hav to change the file system of my hdd to FAT again that might work :confused: :mad:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Have you installed sound drivers? Is the sound working fine?

Also, please open Device Manager and see whether there are any yellow question marks (or are they exclamation marks)?

OP
dNextAxiom

dNextAxiom

sound is working
i think this is my graphic card problem cuz when i uninstalled my graphic card i was able to play those files. but if my graphic card was faulty i shudnt hav beed able to play world of warcrat,
and also while the graphic card is installed if i play those filethe cpu usage goe to 100%, but there is a 24 sec video which i am able to play with few jerks in middle
i donno if its the problem of my graphic card or its drivers or my processor is faulty

OP
dNextAxiom

dNextAxiom

well i did some search work and was finally able to fix the problem

i installed Z-tweaked drivers -> here

this is what i did

1> un-installed my video card drivers, reboot
2>intalled them again.It asked for reboot but i opted manual reboot
3>new hardware detect for monitor came up, completed that wizard
3>installed Z-Tweaked drivers, reboot.

problem fixed.

-------
it was kind of a head ace but i tank u all guys for your precious time. :)

~DNA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom