Comic Book Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Hey guys as we know all guys here are too techie. But techie guys do read comics don't they?:rolleyes:
So I thought why not create a thread where we can share our comic reading experience.
Well I am currently reading Ultimate Spiderman Series. I am on #93 issue.
And I am really liking it. I am a huge Spiderman fan. Anyone here readed This series.

What comics you are reading these days (If u are reading a comic?).
What comics do you like.?
Who is your fevorite comic book hero.

Can we discuss this..:cool:
[A total bandwidth wastage but that why this section is here :grin:]:D

S

Shalu_Sharma

Hey Comic reader in Tech forum... Cool..
I am currently reading 'Spiderman loves Marry Jane' Series.
Also readed Spiderman Families #1st issue.

But I am fan of Wonder-Women and Justice league.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
muahaha...do u all forget super commando dhruv...bina kisi superpowers k hee villains ki chuti kar deta hai :D

and bankelal........kya comedy karta hai woh..... :)..mast ekdummm

i had dloaded all these comics from DT :D

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
i have hot collection of Spiderman, Amazing Spiderman, X-Men Evolution, Uncanny X-men, JLA, Wolverine, Thundercats, Avengers,.......

But wait... i also have tinkle, tintin (i just love the character), g-man,....

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
had nearly 60 Archies + Jughead Double Digest (in two years :D, train travelling) , but my bro's friend's took one by one & now i'm left with just around 15:x :(

also had some Superman, lots of Tinkle :)),....

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I like Calvin n Hobbes ... And Wizard of Id .. and This is our life ... and Pearls before swine ...

OP
Quiz_Master

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Just Completed Ultimate Spiderman #108. (#109 isn't out yet.).

Which series should I start now...

1.) Sensational Spiderman
or
2.) 52 (By DC comics : I heard SuperBoy dies in this one)

I have Sensational Spiderman's 25 issues (37 released...)

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
^Sensational Spidey is better than Ulti Spidey IMHO. Even spidey dies in Evolve or Die Series

a decade ago, i had read all the super commando dhruva, nagaraj, and a concoction of the side stuff from manoj, raj, tulsi & diamond. Also the archies and their gang (hundreds of them,even read the stuff from the 60s),
I used to adore Indrajal comics esp the phantom, rip kirby, and mandrake. (indrajal was out of business in the 80s,) and those educational history comics (dont remember the name, i liked them bcoz they were really thick and it took an hour and a half to finish them and i did not feel the remorse of quickly finishing the book :D). I had an insane speed (avg 20 min per comic). Usually read 2-3 comics daily back in the days. I remember when i first read abt dinosaurs in third grade from a He-man comic and learnt about black holes in a Fauladi Singh comic ( in fourth grade). These led me to lap up the encyclopedia section of my library by class 5 with a friend (it was the junior library, with a series of 24 encyclopedias. full of glossy life size pictures. we read during every lunch break.) Man, I feel nostalgic :'(

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
In fedora there's a program in accessories "Buoh Online Comics Reader". I think I got it while doing an installation via yum somehow.

kooabs03

Banned
looking for draykula ka pretjaal... manoj comics (i think).... hope i find it... i'm big fan of hindi comics.. they rock..:grin:

OP
Quiz_Master

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
@ crack.

Well finding these comics is very easy if you are into torrents and warez.
But if you are on a legal bandwagon then u can't get them online for legal.
Check the library in your city. They might have it.
My town's library has them...

@ Radical

Yeah agree.. Back when I was 9, I used to know more then some college going guys and girls just because I read comics.
When I was 9 I developed a theory that a invisible man (If somehow he can be invisible.) can not see. ANd all big guys and girls said "Ashwin you know a LOT." :grin::grin:

How cool are those days....... {Lost in dreams...}

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Marvel and DC must try setting up an online purchasable edition of their comics, the scanning is bad at times :(

There are a few free online comics by Marvel too .. some new and some old.
*www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/

prasad_den

Padawan
Mandrake.. Phantom.. and of course Tinkle...!! We owned a lending library once, about 12 yrs ago.. so I got to read these nice comics..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom