Combo drive's Region Playback Controll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
Heythere! I have a LG Combo drive which model number is HL-DT-ST- 4480B and because of running some original DVD's my DVD rom has locked in region3 that I'm not being able to change anymore I had a DVD rom from LG too previously which model number was DRD-8080B when I got the same problem with this model I got a sofware called RPCman that was made to reset the regions but unfortunetely this software is no longer working with my combo drive 'cause probebly the manufacturer has changed his system to control region (RPCII) now can any one sugess me how can I change my combodrive's region without using software such as DVDRegion Free or DVD Gine. My combo drive says that the user has left 0 chance to change region and vendor has left 4 chance to change region. I am asking this question because if the vendor may change region then It must be a valid software that might allow me to reset my region setting.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
U can remove the region code using firmware upgrade, see this for more info...
*www.artecusa.com/tech-support-firmware.html

But anyways, i have never tried it, and ask support from members/dealers before going on...

Hmm... after u unlock ur drive, u can install DVD Region Free, It also supports region-locked (RPC-2) DVD drive, and does not require firmware modifications. It has no previous limitations and it will work, even if you can not change the DVD drive's region anymore.

*www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom