CMS For school wesite

Status
Not open for further replies.

himtuna

Journeyman
HI I want to know a good content managment system like phpnuke for creating my school's website.
And free ones only.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
there are many take any cpanel supported hosting plan ... in there ushould hav a fantastico option wherein u should get around 3-4 CMS'

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
pathiks said:
*www.joomla.org/ .... its opensource...

Drupal is opensource too . and by the way , on my old P4 2.8 gig machine with 256 MB RAM , drupal served 183 pages per second whereas joomla/mambo could only server 10-12 , so drupal is way faster than joomla/mambo

tuxfan

Technomancer
We have drupal on *www.freeme.in. I have not yet been able to figure it out properly! Of course, I need to spend time on it to figure it out. But initial looks, I didn't like it.

You can have a demo of many CMS at *www.opensourcecms.com

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
@Tuxfan , as i said the learning curve is quite a bit , but once you get the hang of drupal and get familiar with it's terminology then it's very good .

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
I am still not getting any good one
I want to put
profile of teachers
regular notices
clubs' pages(info and members)
forum

tuxfan

Technomancer
I think you start with WordPress. Its really simple. You can create pages/sub-pages. Select the right theme, you will have a place to keep notice or recent announcements as well. You will get plenty of plug-ins for your convenience and lots of themes.

Of course, its not the best for the job and is mainly a blogging tool. But you can use it as a simple CMS as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom