Cmos Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Thomas

Broken In
Fool !! ................Just to grab Attention to my Problem................ Well, for past 1 month every time i boot up the first thing that comes says
CMOS Settings Wrong....... Press F1 to RUN Setup OR
Press F2 to load default values ......something of that sort......

Hope u all get the picture..........Sometimes i press F2 but usually i do F1. In BIOS the TIME & DATE is incorrect(default value, i guess). Then the Hard Disk value shows nothing untill i Select Primary Master and Press Enter Key.

One day i got fed up doing this routine work and i changed the CMOS Battery.

The PC was working fine for 2-3 days..........Again the same problem started............ HELP ME PLEASE

American MegaTrends AMIBIOS.......MERCURY MotherBoard........845 chipset.......P4.........128 DDR RAM

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
It was not funny at all......Not an Ideal way to grab atention to ppl (it might land u in trouble)..

Neways, for ur problem, Its better to set the values to the exact parameters, it just takes sum cliks on ur keybrd to get the settings rigth, coz u will face this problem mainly due to the incorrect parameters.If u cant set the values urself, get a person (from the nearby cyber cafe) and ask him to do tat for u.

Because, sum drivers (mostly of AGP cards) render useless if the Date (preferably the Year in the BIOS) is set to a wrong date like eg: 2032 etc.

EDIT: these was no use of changing the CMOS battery...

OP
Tom Thomas

Tom Thomas

Broken In
hey, but u never solved my problem.........why is it behaving this way ?

I need it to be normal like others have without doing that tat-tat on keyboard.

Give me a solution guys.......i'm looking for that......Well, thnks for replying.

P

priyadarshi

Tom Thomas said:
hey, but u never solved my problem.........why is it behaving this way ?

I need it to be normal like others have without doing that tat-tat on keyboard.

Give me a solution guys.......i'm looking for that......Well, thnks for replying.

any solution ashu888ashu888??

neyo

Broken In
well the bios setup values may be wrong which is preventing from booting. the best bet is to set the jumper position on mobo to clear cmos settings. later u can switch it back. refer to ur mobo manual as to how to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom