CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirthasanyal

Right off the assembly line
I have been using my system for last 4 years. It is a Celeron 633 on 810 motherboard with 192MB RAM. Last one week i noticed my computer clock going slow, after two or three days I got the message "CMOS Checksum Error Defaults Loaded" Press any key to continue.
I changed the M/B Battery, but the problem persisted, then i tried to to clear the CMOS memory by shorting the Pins, that did not help either.
I now seek HELP.
Incidentally i visited the web and found that my processor might have been damaged. Is it true?

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
i screwed my celeron 800 the same way a coupla years back . its wise to call up ur friendly neighbourhood spiderman !! ooops technician !!

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I feel sorry to inform u that your motherboard battery has passed away. Kindly relieve it of this material world through a dump-inthe-dustbin funeral and begin a new life by getting a new motherboard bettery. My condolences are with u. ;)

Kannan

In the zone
After changing the setting and with a new battery, restart the machine and check if the setting are saved. If yes and still your computer's clock is running wild then it means your motherboard's Crystal has gone nuts !!!.

Take it to the hardware technician.

OP
T

tirthasanyal

Right off the assembly line
i said i had changed M/B battery, also tried to clear the CMOS and then by entering BIOS changed the settings. but those actions did not helped.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
yep m8 i think ur mother board gonna expire soon :cry: :cry: if u don't take it to the technician!!!
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom