Close application with script or tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I wish to close my running applications with a script or a tool. Could anyone of you tell me if this is possible. I want to do this to close my downloading P2P app just before the free download slot is over. I tried DShutdown, but it seems to reset itself and not remember any of my previous settings. I tried all things. I've made sure that the application and its necessary files are in its folder to work properly. Ticking the 'Save settings on exit' also didn't do the job. I'm running Windows XP Pro with no SPs.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks in advance :)

r4gs

In the zone
I use Wtask Scheduler to schedule programs to start at a fixed time and
a software called POWEROFF to shutdown the PC as required.
I suggest you do a google search for freeware task schedulers and shutdown schedulers. Just download whatever suits your taste.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
r4gs said:
I use Wtask Scheduler to schedule programs to start at a fixed time and
a software called POWEROFF to shutdown the PC as required.
I suggest you do a google search for freeware task schedulers and shutdown schedulers. Just download whatever suits your taste.

Thanks r4gs, I do use a taskscheduler by named Tek Scheduler and Auto Shutdown 2.1 to shutdown my system. Tek Scheduler has got a lot of options, but it doesn't give me the option of disabling the LAN or kill a running application. I DO google for my problems and try to find an answer before I post here in case I'm not really satisfied with my results. Any other alternatives guys??

anilmail17

Journeyman
i can just tell u how to kill any application using batch files and how to disconect and then shutdown but i dont think it will work for u because killing an app is again same thing neways her is batch file code 4 u schedule this file to run at ur desired time
rem save this file as AutoOff.bat
rem starting of batch file
rem code for disconnecting the internet
rasphone -h ConnectionName

rem code 4 killing any desired name
taskkill /IM ProgramName

rem code 4 shutdown
shutdown -s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom