Cleaning the registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I have been using Registry Mechanic for quite some time now n find it pretty useful...The other day I read an article about Reg Cleaner in 'DIGIT'. I wanted to know if Reg Cleaner is better than (or atleast equivalent to) Registry Mechanic....Reg Cleaner is free so its definitely a gud choice but wanted to know if it gives same sort of performence or not....

royal

Padawan
I have been using both for over 4 years now... 8)

Registry Mechanic is good , but believe me... RegCleaner is one of the best :p

anandk

Distinguished Member
registry mechanic is good but real slow.
better options are winaso registry optimizer, ace utilities or tune-up utilities.

go4saket

Registry Mechanic sucks for two reasons, first it is damn slow and second that it gives false errors. Try cleaning the registry with RM and then restart your computer. Now clean again with RM. You will see that many errors are found again. How is it possible that so many errors came again.

I am presently using Tuneup Utilities 2006 and it rocks for me...

S

saiaspire

I use Absolute Uninstaller. It provides tool for Disk as well as Registry Clean-up and is really fast.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
Registry Mechanic
Ease of Use:
Registry Mechanic will automatically scan (using either a deep or a quick scan) at startup if you choose, then you can select some or all the registry errors found during the scans for repair using checkboxes.

We found Registry Mechanics to be simple for novices yet customizable for professionals. The program navigation is beautifully designed and intuitive, and Registry Mechanics offers conveniences—such as a resizable dialogue screen.

Feature Set:
Registry Mechanic 5.0 scans faster and detects more registry errors than the 4.0 version. You can automatically scan the registry for errors, scan sections of your hard drive, and even scan the Windows add/remove list for errors.

Registry Mechanic helps you find efficient ways to bring your computer up to speed; there’s more than one way to solve a problem. For example, instead of simply deleting a bad link, Registry Mechanic can search and find where the link should connect, then make the full repair.

Registry Mechanic doesn’t lead you directly to registry errors. This is safer for novices, but inconvenient for those who aren’t. Instead, the program shows the path to the error so you can go there manually (necessary when dealing with resilient spyware).

Registry Mechanic 5.0 lacks an individual undo tool, so you’ll have to restore all your data back to a specific point in time to restore one lost registry item.

Ease of Installation:
Installing Registry Mechanic 5.0 was simple.

Help/Support:
The help and documentation section is new and improved—giving you instant access to a help manual through the convenient Help key. Online, Winguides offers excellent articles, FAQs, forums, and email support.

Also, the live update tool lets you get timely software upgrades automatically.

Safety:
Safety is critical to registry repair—the best programs hold your hand and warn you of dangers. Registry Mechanic does an adequate job identifying potential problems. We feel that detailed severity rankings would make Registry Mechanic even safer for novices to use.

Summary:
Registry Mechanic is an efficient, user-friendly program. Additional features, such as individual undo capabilities, would make registry repair more convenient for those familiar with registry repair.

source: *registry-repair-software-review.toptenreviews.com/registry-mechanic-review.html

so i will say Registry Mechanic is the best

bit

Banned
source: *registry-repair-software-review.toptenreviews.com/registry-mechanic-review.html

so i will say Registry Mechanic is the best

Have you read what is there in that link gave by you ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gold - Adv. System Optimizer
Silver - Fix-It Utilities
Bonze - Ace Utilities
#4 - Reg Organizer
#5 - Registry Mechanic

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
hey readermaniax

I say once again...

Regcleaner is the better among these two Cool

whatever yaa... IS IOLO my company?... nO its not ...so it donsent matter to me tht much ... OK...got that?

LegendKiller

In the zone
dude registry mechanic and tune-up are software of one and the same company..
do use registry mechanic or a fully-featured system optimisation tool like tune-up utilities...
I have tried many reg.cleaners but the tune-up is the best it doesn't mess with your system

OP
bizzare_blue

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I tried out all the stuff mentioned here n find Tuneup Utilities 2006 as the most useful....M using it....Thank you all 4 ur valuable suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom