Clash of The RAMs: Which one Suits Me Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
hi evrybdy,
I currently possess an Original INTEL 865 GBF Motherboard running a Pentium 2.6 GHz HT Northwood with only 512 MB DDR400 Hynix in Single-channel mode... One of my relatives in US is coming home this winter and I wanna purchase 2 GB (2 x 1 GB) DDR 400 (PC3200) RAM directly from US. Now, here arises the dilemma... i know that OCZ and CORSAIR are the two leading brands and freely available in US.

Can anyone please suggest which RAM package to go for (price no bar but should be any one of the aforementioned two). Please consider my motherboard model (it can support maximum of 4 GB DDR400 or PC3200) as well as the maximal performing RAM that can work flawlessly on my motherboard without any compatibility problems. Thanx in advance.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I've heard of OCZ..its recommended in planet amd64 etc....Corsair is available in india....go for Corasir XMS memory for performance but for budget go for Corsair Value Select.....Tell ur relative to get a OCZ set in which 1 GBX 2 modules are included..so there won't be any compatibility issues..

OP
rockthegod

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
is there any specific model of OCZ I should order and that shud be compatible with my motherboard ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom