Civilization 4 problem... Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

santu_29

Journeyman
whenever i play civ 4 the system restars. It happens anytime, i mean some times after i play for 1hr or sometimes when the game is yet to load. The message i get sometimes is 'low virtual memory'. But how can that be. I have 5gb or more free space in every partition of my hdd. I have 2 other games, doom3 and rome-total war, and both are working perfectly. I dont know whats wrong with civ 4. Heres the screenshot of the task manager to show what all procwsses ar running-> *img273.imageshack.us/img273/8715/sks5pn.th.jpg . i shut down all possible tasks but no use. Please Help

my system:
P4 2.4Ghz
Ram 512 ddr
80gb segate baracuda hdd
256mb geforce 6200

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
santu_29 said:
whenever i play civ 4 the system restars. It happens anytime, i mean some times after i play for 1hr or sometimes when the game is yet to load. The message i get sometimes is 'low virtual memory'. But how can that be. I have 5gb or more free space in every partition of my hdd. I have 2 other games, doom3 and rome-total war, and both are working perfectly. I dont know whats wrong with civ 4. Heres the screenshot of the task manager to show what all procwsses ar running-> *img273.imageshack.us/img273/8715/sks5pn.th.jpg . i shut down all possible tasks but no use. Please Help

my system:
P4 2.4Ghz
Ram 512 ddr
80gb segate baracuda hdd
256mb geforce 6200

Hello, have you updated the game by the patch v 1.61? Also update the drivers to forceware v 84.21. Update motherboard chipset drivers. As a last resort reinstall the game with all patches. As of now, only this much can be said now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom