Chrome setup File Hacked..?? it has aTrojan Horse..!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
today, when i download the setup file for Google Chrome from google site,
my avast shows a warning as follows;

A Trojan Horse Was Found
Malware Name : win32.Midgare.OI[Trj]
Malware Type : Trojan Horse

and also abort the connection automatically..

Is Goolge Chrome setup Hacked....???

thinkhatke

Right off the assembly line
i don't think so
may be thats a problem with ur system
i too installed chrome, but i had found nothing and its working fine :)

swatkat

Technomancer
Do you have the installer stub with you? If yes, can you scan the file at *www.virustotal.com/ ?

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
ok.. guys. i here by posting the screen print.. and my download was pushed me to disconnect that connection..

my system(including OS (xp),drivers) has updated upto till date ..and i have no problems with virus/spyware/trojans/ and my system is running very smoothly without any hesitation.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
broadband..
If your ISP has a LAN setup via which it is providing you internet then there is a virus on the network that will term most exes as viruses/trojans, though not necessarily the file is infected. Stop sharing your folders. Delete the file and re-download to another location.

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
If your ISP has a LAN setup via which it is providing you internet then there is a virus on the network that will term most exes as viruses/trojans, though not necessarily the file is infected.

IS IT POSSIBLE.. :eek::eek:
how can i identify it..??

i have bit of confusing.. if have spare time, pl explain that info. briefly.:confused::confused:

And,
today, i successfully downloaded the setup file without any warnings..

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Don't know the details, but I suffered from this some months back. ;) All my software setups suddenly started showing as infected via Avast. Incidentally that particular drive was shared on the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom