Chinese iPhone knock-off on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Chinese electronics maker Meizu is the first company to closely copy the look and feel of Apple’s iPhone. The Meizu miniOne, due out in the fourth quarter of 2007, is a GSM phone with numerous iPhone similarities, including a curved, black and polished steel design, touch-screen interface, and a nearly identical on-screen software icon layout. According to preliminary specifications, the miniOne is slightly smaller and thinner than the iPhone, has a higher resolution screen, and runs the Windows CE 6.0 operating system. Meizu also claims that the phone will be powered by the ARM11 processor and will sport two built-in cameras—a 3.0 megapixel camera on the back and an 0.3 megapixel camera on the phone’s face.

*images.apple.com/iphone/images/indexhero20070109.jpg *meizume.surfterror.com/images/4260m8.jpg​

If I need to tell you which of the two is the Meizu miniOne, you can go back under that rock! :p

Here are a few more pictures. Click on them to see a larger version:

*meizume.surfterror.com/thumbs/4432200721316432425766.jpg

*meizume.surfterror.com/thumbs/8135200721316432433223.jpg

*meizume.surfterror.com/thumbs/9119200721316432495942.jpg

Source

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Lets see, Windows Mobile 6.0 which means 10000000 of apps & choices to install from, 3G, 3 MP Camera, Stylus based writing & finger based button press along with stylus support....hmm, iPhone is dead even before it is relesed to the public.

Oh! Well...long live the real Phone manufacturer like Samsung & Nokia, Apple can't relese a new phone every 6 months, but others can...which means rapid updatation with the technology, so that leaves iphone with what it was meant to be, an iPod with touch screen :D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
man why dont these Chinese dudes come up with something Original:x, from a small toy to Electronics goods to a CAR. what else are they goin to copy - a Jumbo Jet:D

why cant the affected Company Sue them??? why the heck is Chinese Govt. like this:x

freebird

Debian Rocks!
^^ may be bcoz they are different;they learn MATH using ABACUS.dont ask me the logic but i understand that most chinese cant do a calculation with a paper;only using suanpan.that may be the reason-there brain tuned to became a copycat:D:D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
pathiks said:
watever.. Wm6.0 cant hav multitouch atleast.. Dumb chinese

umm....actully, it can....just a firmware hack or an OS Mod required. Since it's not official, it doesn't matters even if it breaches the patent :D

vimal said:
We have both "the guys" and some anti-apple talk.

Oh plz....no way, looks like apple camp is getting paid to post things for apple here, i m not getting paid to do anything. Infact I am worried, what if that thread gets reported & me banned again for no reason. Stay away from macboys :D

s1800RPM said:
what else are they goin to copy - a Jumbo Jet:grin:

Yo, don't give them ideas :D

Just saw the comparision, 720X480 pixel resolution, thats freegin cool, no idea about the memory, it would be good if they only provide 128 MB or 256 MB inbuilt memory with option to expand using memory card, that to SD, cos it's cheap

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
@pathiks... I meant the above is just the iphone theme (you can get the theme now for your ppc for the QVGA interface which emulates the look of iphone, not the functionality...google it or look in appropriate forums)
There was a previous thread of an LG prada model for which LG had filed a patent so that Apple could not get exclusive rights for multitouch.
Probably we may see more of multitouch too :D

EDIT:
was posting before the above was posted :(

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
if such a mod is available then it ll rock.. But i dont think it is or ll be.. Neways u cant multitouch wit a stylus.. Poor screen..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This just in....LG Might sue Apple for copying LG Prada :D

Lolz....have to admit, apple is a genius when it comes to stealing & copying ideas, but presenting them before anyone else. :D :D .

Plz no flames here, Face it, everyone copies everyone. The MOTORAZR wasn't the first skinny phone and it won't be the last. The iPhone wasn't the first touchscreen only handset and it won't be the last. The iPod wasn't the first MP3 player either. Let's just move on and enjoy our options as consumers

Edit : Even Microsoft copies

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
s18000rpm said:
why cant the affected Company Sue them???
I am sure Apple will. Their lawyers might already be preparing for the case.

gx_saurav said:
Lets see, Windows Mobile 6.0 which means...
... a slow, buggy, unstable operating system from the company which knows nothing about operating systems.

gx_saurav said:
Stylus based writing & finger based button press along with stylus support
But no Multi-touch and no advanced sensors.

gx_saurav said:
hmm, iPhone is dead even before it is relesed to the public.
Yeah, sure! If Apple had been competing solely on the basis of the number of features crammed into the device, the iPod wouldn't have been such a huge success. Apple's genius lies in hardware and user interface design coupled with an aesthetically pleasing device that has an awesome flaunt value. The iPhone, as well the iPod, falls in this paradigm too.

Just wait and watch, everyone and his brother will be clamouring for this device.

gx_saurav said:
umm....actully, it can (have Multi-touch)....just a firmware hack or an OS Mod required.
Oh yeah? What good will a firmware hack do when the hardware itself does not support it? How can you make a hardware recognise two fingers and gestures by changing the firmware? If you can, would you mind giving us a link to someplace we can download the hack from?
Given your intricate knowledge of the subject, may I assume that you yourself have written a hack for it?

gx_saurav said:
Stay away from macboys :D
Yeah, I can see you are definitely playing your part in doing that.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
LG had filed a patent so that Apple could not get exclusive rights for multitouch.
Probably we may see more of multitouch too :D
LG Prada does not feature Multi-touch, so I think they have a very very slim chance of stopping Apple from getting that patent.

gx_saurav said:
This just in....LG Might sue Apple for copying LG Prada :D
I "might" sue you for being a jerk but that does not mean that you ARE one (and I am not implying anything here).

gx_saurav said:
Lolz....have to admit, apple is a genius when it comes to stealing & copying ideas, but presenting them before anyone else. :D :D .
Both phones have been in development for a long time and both have been kept in total secrecy until the official announcement. How in the world would either company be able to steal the other's ideas?

gx_saurav said:
The iPod wasn't the first MP3 player either.
Oh, so if there are already MP3 players in the market and you make one too, you are copying the other company! Logic at its best.

gx_saurav said:
Edit : Even Microsoft copies
Boy, do they! You have put in the word even as if Microsoft is some holy organisation which would never think of copying others. It is their second nature (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was their first one too).

If some mods take note of this thread and decide to use the Mod CP, please take a moment to realise that this is all for the sake of fun. It feels really great to read and post these humourous replies. :p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
I
... a slow, buggy, unstable operating system from the company which knows nothing about operating systems.

& yet they rule the market, with Other's trying to play catchup & trying to defeat

:D here we go again, i wonder arya, how much u love apples, i mean, R U Apple, R U mac or Are u Steve Jobs himself, you take every remarke given to them on yourself

dil pe mat le yaar.....dimag par le:eek: :p

Like copy cats they are!!!! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"GOOD is not GOOD when BETTER is expected"

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
This chinese phone is kickass , smaller,thinner , high res screen , 3mp camera. bye iphone.

Those who are crying that meizu copied iphone design(which allegedly copied prada) can cry even more because this phone is even better(and definitely will be cheaper) than the iphone.

IMO not only Meizu copies iphone design , it does it better . And it has windows . Sweet , like gx said tons of third party apps.

aryayush said:
LG Prada does not feature Multi-touch, so I think they have a very very slim chance of stopping Apple from getting that patent.

Great, what a reasonable comment , because LG prada does not have Multi touch thats why iphone is not a copy/inspiration . Ok good enuff , but now according to you it implies that because Meizu does not feature multitouch it can not be called a copy of iphone(which has multi t). Awesome.... but meizu looks a copy to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom