Chess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
I want to knw that in a chess game, a person can win against Computer or not???
And anyone of you having computer chess?

Last edited:

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Ya, you CAN win against a computer if you really play well and have skills. For your information, Garry Kasparov (world champion) has won against computer many times...

There are many chess games available under different platforms. Just Google...

subratabera

Simple. Just play...

BTW, there are many ways to sharpen your skills. You can learn form masters (If you have anyone near you). You can read various books available. You can follow games played by big players (You need to learn the notations for that). You can play against many players online...etc. etc.

A

anarchist

or if you have chessmaster game, it has good tutorials, drills, puzzzels etc. to improve chess within 2-3 months. i have chessmaster 9000 on my pc. it is good game.

you can select many oponent's profiles from 5 year kid to grandmasters. higest profile is chessmaster software itself, which you can beat only by forcing it to move immediatly and giving least time to think. (remember it will think in your thinking time also, so you have to move sharply)

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Listen if you want to improve ur skills.. you gotto play alot and moreover observe what the comp does on particular situations...Thats cause comp's fed with some pretty standard moves and includes a hefty game database of some great games played by some greats..

So.. don't invest in a chess game yet.. try REBEL chess. Its got pretty high elo value.. its free too..

Tip: evry single computer game makes a mistake at some point of time.. so make sure you capitalise on those and try not to make a silly move...

Happy winning.(AND WHINING IF YOU DO LOSE)

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
the best simple 3D chess for me is chess titans(vista)(bad point - a bit easy to defeat upto level 9... i havent defeated at level 10)
and 2d is Kasparov Chess (i have one from reflexive arcade) (bad point - no undo, bad 3d)

download some trials from *www.download-free-games.com/chess_game_download/

and here *www.chesscentral.com/chess_download/Free_Chess_Software.htm

and google for lots more

rajasekharan

Youngling
There is another 3d chess from realarcade . . Warchess ,i guess :). Its really good . You play as many fractions ,orcs ,humans etc .

subratabera

Is there any chess software which help you to learn the game, learn various strategies, tactics, openings, end games, explain every move and how to improve your skills so that you can be a better player...

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Is chessmaster 9000 the best among all.
And is there any new version of this game is present??

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
manshahia said:
Downloaded it. But when i double Click on .exe file, it doesnt starts.
I m having Windows XP SP2

Thats coz its a dos based game..
Try running it in compatibilty mode.. It will work.. Its a gr8 freeware.. Its got ifinite undo..a sort of miniature teacher..and hint moves.. u'll find out.
I suggest that you don't go for 3d chess games..Go for a regular 2D game and set up a real chess board and play all the moves on that board.. That way u'll get to experience the real thing.

Listen. Its not only about best game, if you want to lose against the comp.. Invest in any game having a high ELO rating.. I'm sorry that I can't name one.. My friends here will surely help you with that..

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
manshahia said:
They hav clearly written under the download button that it doesnt work with windows XP.
You are right dude... I'm sorry.. But try running rebel decade 3.0 with DOSBOX... It runs dude... I'm currently running it.. Try it and then give me feedback..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom