Check Out the Prices of 7600 GT XFX cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiblu

Broken In
This one is The XXX Edition Overclock . . .
*www.theitdepot.com/products.asp?prod=13665

This One With Stock Speed . . .
*www.theitdepot.com/products.asp?prod=13664

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Overpriced................. One should buy from local vendor, it is cheaper.
My friend bought the xfx 7600gt 256mb pci-e for 14500/- in Bangalore.

Anyhow one could always try o'clocking with a good cooling solution and make the stock run at the speed of the overclocked one.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Overpriced .. overpriced ... overpriced .... all the 7 series cards are overpriced ... a 6800GS costs around 249 usd .. translate to around 14k's inr .... then how come a 7600GT costing 200$ translates to 14k ???

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
That's what. Because of the greedy distributors here, every computer hardware in costing nearly double (some cases more) here than the corresponding prices in the US. Everything is overpriced. Eg: the price of 7800GT and 7900GT, or for your case the 7600GT. 7800/7900GT costs nearly the same in the US, and here there is hell and heaven difference. We are the sufferers. When will the general customer wake up?

royal

Padawan
is there any sort of high import duty on these cards :confused:

Maybe thats why they are overpriced here :evil:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
The general public is awake and kicking, its the government and its import policy which has break its sleep (sleeping beauty of modern times).

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
I can get xfx 7600GTs in Cal for bout 12.5k incl VAT. BTW, the prices are only cuz of dealer margins. Video cards don't attract any import duty. reference: R.K. Jain Customs tariffs in India 06-07

royal

Padawan
teknoPhobia

I am currently looking for XFX 7600 GT extreme Edition (PV-T73G-UDD3) 256 MB PCI-E version card.
Any idea where I can get this in Kolkata and what is it going to cost me :confused:

I need this urgent so please let me know the details ASAP :)

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
The goverment is sooo corrupted ,... greedy .. damm ..

And the last time i checked the price of an 7600GT XXX edition .. it was around 16-17k's ...

And btw ... the import duty should be depending on the weight of the box and not the name ..... in that case a 6800 should have almost the same duty as of a 7900 .. maybe 500 bucks diff. ... so roughly that translate to 22k's for a 7900GT XXX Edition .. lol ... anyone got that ???? :p

Last edited:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Example of the government and the greediness of the distributors. Taking the exchange rate of $1=Rs.45 as of today, let us find out the prices in the US (lowest price from www.pricewatch.com)

7900GTX 512MB : $ 472 = Rs.21240
7900GT 256MB : $ 286 = Rs.12870
7800GTX 256MB : $ 415 = Rs.18675
7800GT 256MB : $ 299 = Rs.13455
7600GT 256MB : $ 180 = Rs.8100
6800GS 256MB : $ 195 = Rs.8775
6600GT 128MB : $ 124 = Rs.5580

Now see the approximate prices here. I am not saying anything...

7900GTX 512MB > Rs.40000
7900GT 256MB > Rs.30000
7800GTX 256MB : Rs.29500
7800GT 256MB > Rs.20000
7600GT 256MB : Rs.14500
6800GS 256MB : Rs.13500
6600GT 128MB : Rs.8500

WTF is this? They think we are blind or what. Just think the types of machines we would have if these were sold at these prices!..This is just the tip of the iceberg. You can compare also the prices of dual core processors, 5.1 home theater systems (including Bose), cooling devices, monitors (both CRT and LCD), etc.

I sincerely hope this forum has some distributors as well and they are reading this...

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@ digitized
Good post, it open the eyes regarding the current market situation. Damn those rules/duties and people because of whom we have to suffer.

royal

Padawan
even if any distributor is monitoring this thread , probably he will be ready with some bulls**t that since only a few ppl are buying these cards so they have to charge a premium ...

what they dont understand is that if they bring these prices down they could have better margin by selling far many more cards...:evil:

E.T.

Broken In
And to add to our woes, an average american earns may be 10 times more than average indian. So why should we pay the bigger price. Moreover if you observe the prices carefully you will find that goods priced below 2.5k are cheaper in India. My opinion is that electronics in india are distributed over a wide price range unlike the United States.

thrash_metal

In the zone
The pricing is totally outrageous ! We r ending up paying a lot more than its actualy worth !!! Who is eating up this mney in bween ? Also if u irder a card online am i chared a duty on it ?

G

gxsaurav

U guys are forgetting a lot of things

The cost in US Online stores, doesn't show the taxes & shipping price

Here in india, since the cards are not manufactured here, they are imported, due to which there is import duty, taxes, fraight charges, shipping charges etc

ever tried finding the cost of say an Asus graphics card in Taiwan, that is even cheaper then US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom