Cheapest Phone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomb

Broken In
Can anyone suggest me the cheapest phone which has the foll features ?

Symbian os
Bluetooth
MMC card

Its not necessary that I only want a Nokia.It can Be any company , any model which is available in India.

Can I find anything much cheaper than a nokia 6600 or a Ngage ?I dont want a camera.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
N gage QD for around 7k or less is the cheapest phone that you can get , AFAIK.

Also in case you want a symbian OS in a low priced model, then Nokia only house them.

OP
B

Bomb

Broken In
Currently in Goa N gage QD ships for 9000/-

Is is good compared to the earlier Ngage ?
And please tell me some good features which Ngage has which 6600 hasn't.

Which class is Ngage ? Does it have EDGE ?

drgrudge

Hmm.. 9k is Nokia price, I know for sure. So you can get it for a lesser price elsewhere.

Hmm.. Nokia got QD to "fix" some issues and bugs. Also it dont has FM radio and MP3 player. Otherwise it's a good phone.

N gage QD dont has EDGe, IRDa.

* N gage is a gaming deck , which 6600 is not
* N gage has hot swapping of MMC's, agian this feature not in 6600.
* N gage is cheaper than 6600.

Abt the class, wht class man? N gage dont have IR or EDGe to have classes. But for more specs, visit Nokia.co.in.

OP
B

Bomb

Broken In
Hi guys, I have finally zeroed on a new NGage QD or a Second hand 6600. Both being the same price(~7500)

Now what do u suggest?

Many of my friends have sugested to stay away from second hand 6600's because the ones being sold are virus affected or r damaged some way or the other.

OP
B

Bomb

Broken In
Just one question.Will it be possible to access internet on my pc thru Phone's GPRS on the Ngage? I use that Airtel 150/- month unlimited gprs scheme.

drgrudge

Yes, you can access net via GPRS.

Always get the new piece, unless you know the person who is selling to you. The person who sells the phone is not a fool, remember that or doing you a social service/charity.

OP
B

Bomb

Broken In
Thanks drgrudge, for being so kind to answer all my questions. Thank u very much.

One last question. Will the applications thar run on 6600 work on Ngage ? My friend has a lot of 6600 apps thats why

I have finally decide to take the NGage qd after 5 days .Thank u again.

drgrudge

Yeah, why not? All the apps that run on 6600 will run in N gage. Lol, but all N gage stuffs wont run properly in 6600.
Both the phones have Symbian OS ; and are series 60 phones.

OP
B

Bomb

Broken In
Wow Thanks man....... Meri ek samasya khatm ho gayi......

Now Dad please give me money quickly.......................................

N gage QD come to me baby.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
hey darsh! seeing ya after a long time..

yes NGAGE QD wud be the best for ur budget... but if you spend that bit more... u'd get a much better deal with 6600... honestly.. I hate the QD series..

aku

Gonna make it BiG
qd suz!!! - no irda, data port, usb port, 4k colo, heavy, and NO CAM AND FM!!!

OP
B

Bomb

Broken In
Hi Anand.

@aku I dont need a cam. Today my dad had a look at the N Gage and scolded me because the phone which i was going to buy looked like a toy/videogame to him. So I think he will let me have a 6600 now . Lets see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom