Cheapest card for Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I want to know which cheapest Graphics card model from both ATI and nvidia which will support Vista Aero. Also quote it's price. And suggest for both AGP and PCIe

go_gamez

In the zone
U Can Buy...a 6200 For Less Than 3000 Bucks...and A 6600 Non-gt..for 3600..i Think..this ..two Will Do..

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Fx5200 is the last card to support Vista.....and its only in the AGP....6200 seems to be enough....its in both PCIe and AGP.....

6600LE or 6600 is better than 6200 ....but really if u r not into gaming then a 6200 (64bit) (try 128bit) should be more than enough......

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U will need at least a 7300 to enjoy vista's eye candies. But an FX thing would do if u just wanna use Vista.
Heard that vista makes use of dual cores greately. nd also upcoming games like UT07 nd Crysis.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
On gf7 series only its given as 'Vista Ready' nd only seen in that series. Whys it so? Even GF6 doesn't seems to have it. If u can run aero on even a 5200 then whats the need for a 7 series?[ nd the word Vista ready]?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
samrulez said:
Will there be any diff. in aero with FX5200 or a 6200 and a 6600.........not 'bout the gaming....
You might as well get the 6200 over the 5200 considering there's practically no price difference between the two.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
On gf7 series only its given as 'Vista Ready' nd only seen in that series. Whys it so? Even GF6 doesn't seems to have it. If u can run aero on even a 5200 then whats the need for a 7 series?[ nd the word Vista ready]?

Only the later 7 series i.e namely 7800GT and beyond are said to be truly Vista ready as they have HD hardware support .. which is missing for the other cards ..

But as long as u keep the HD part out ... any SM2.0 compliant card is said to be vista ready .. starting from a FX5200 ..

Now for Vista , as its actually utilising the card , the UI effects will actually be better on the 6200 than the FX5200 , as the former has better dx9.0c support ..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
As far as I know both 7300 nd a 7800 has same features nd nothin more in a 7800. Its only bout perfomance.

deepgeek2

Broken In
CAN anyone tell me which PCI(not PCIe) based Graphic cards supports VISTA(if any). Please tell the price of cheapest one. I just need it for aero.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Heard somewhere that ATI is releasing its top line x1300 256mb in a PCI version. It si the visiontek brand thats makin this card.
source:
*www.ntcompatible.com/VisionTekT_In...300_256MB_PCI_First_ATI_based_PCI_s71921.html

but it will be almost impossible to find the product in India, so get some 5200.
it hasn't got HDR support. nd the mem interface is 64 bit. Butnits a SM3 nd has DDR2.
But it will be of no use for gamin as it would perfomance if not better tha a 6200TC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom