Cheap Pen Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

static_x

In the zone
Hi,
Yesterday i went to the local grey market and was surprised to see the Kingston pen drives being sold for nothing at all..The rates were:

8 GB - Rs. 500
16 GB - Rs.800
32 GB - Rs. 1000
20 GB - Rs. 900

I suspect the proper working of the drives but they were available in original Kingston packing with a Holgram :D.....i checked a few ones on my laptop and they were showing the correct capacity...but still i think there must be some catch in it...anybody having any idea regarding such drives please post comments...To my surprise the shop owners encouraged to register the product on website to avail the warranty benefits :D

I may post some pics if anybody interested...if they are really genuine then i think its a steal...:D..

Comments!!!

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
Hi,
Yesterday i went to the local grey market and was surprised to see the Kingston pen drives being sold for nothing at all..The rates were:

8 GB - Rs. 500
16 GB - Rs.800
32 GB - Rs. 1000
20 GB - Rs. 900

I suspect the proper working of the drives but they were available in original Kingston packing with a Holgram :D.....i checked a few ones on my laptop and they were showing the correct capacity...but still i think there must be some catch in it...anybody having any idea regarding such drives please post comments...To my surprise the shop owners encouraged to register the product on website to avail the warranty benefits :D

I may post some pics if anybody interested...if they are really genuine then i think its a steal...:D..

Comments!!!

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
Sure go ahead post the pics

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
In most of the cases, such pen drives go kaput after few uses or formats so better off without them. I got a Moser Baer 4GB Pen Drive with 5 year warranty for 400 bucks from Nehru Place.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Anything other than this would have been encouraging :D

lol...how do you think he has reached 1000+ posts in 3 months!........(@Kpower..chill....just kidding)

anyway if u getting 16 GB in 800 definately somethign wrong, not possible..........AFA i know 8 GB is close to 1000-1100 currently......

OP
static_x

static_x

In the zone
anyway if u getting 16 GB in 800 definately somethign wrong, not possible..........AFA i know 8 GB is close to 1000-1100 currently......

The shopkeeper was open to bargain..one can expect to get 32 GB at 800-900 bucks...but the question remains the same...:D

@static_x

Where are you from?

Kanpur..:)

Last edited:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
DO NOT BUY THEM

I Have been burnt. I risked Rs 275 for a 32 GB rated drive which was actually an unbranded 512 MB chip. And even that is gone now. All money lost when I have no job in hand:(

OP
static_x

static_x

In the zone
DO NOT BUY THEM

I Have been burnt. I risked Rs 275 for a 32 GB rated drive which was actually an unbranded 512 MB chip. And even that is gone now. All money lost when I have no job in hand:(

Thats it....Thats what i wanted to know!!!
I feared the same..lets see..

blacklight

Journeyman
yes, most of them are chinese fakes...which have been modded to "show" anything from 8 GB to 32 GB in windows...and shopkeepers are expert in showing prospective customers ki.." sir dekhiye..sab kuch theek thaak hai" .In reality , try copying 8 GB data onto a "32 GB " drive...wouldn't be surprised if disk throws up a "insufficient space " error

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
don't trust on grey market... recently I saw a Transcend 1GB V30 pendrive put in 4GB case.. and anybody could be fooled.. i came to know bcause 1GB has blue colour strip.. and all the text on the Pendrive was erase.... The price was 600/- ensuring 4GB..

*www.systemaxdev.com/productmedia/htmlimages/cten/flash%20memory/131107-big.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom