Cheap DVD media -Worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aanand

Journeyman
Hi
Is the life of the cheap DVDs less? I am using Scorpio ( 4x)for writing video files in mpeg format. I have no problem in writing or playing it. My question is, how long will it last if I use it regularly.
Can anybody suggest a DVD at a reasonable price, not high end brands like TDK, Sony which costs about 50 rs? What about MMore?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Cheap brands are not reliable .. though they work perfectly and i myself use brands like Nav Tech for unimportant stuff like movies n all .. dont backup important data on cheap media .. U can try frontech also , they are priced reasonably and have decent quality. finally there is no guarantee about optical media especially the cheap ones .. they may work 1 time or even 1000 times.

q3_abhi

Youngling
DVD disc itself is gud. I think its better then a CD.
So go for a media according to ur requirement.

You may try using both : Cheap n Costly media n see which one lasts long.

damnthenet

Journeyman
Yes. Cheap media is not reliable. The best I would call is sony which is very costly. So, you can go for Moser baer which is reasonably priced.

Kniwor said:
What's Moserbaer priced around..

Anywhere between INR 25.00 and INR 60.00 depending on where in the subcontinent you're located + current bank balance of your dealer + how gullible you appear + which way the wind's blowing today + which side of the bed the dealer got off this morning.

In June this year I haggled for and bought the price down for 10 Pack of MB DVD+R from INR 650 to INR 325. :lol:

Keith

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Kniwor said:
What's Moserbaer priced around..
Rs. 35 without jewel box. Rs. 40 with the same. This is the one that comesin the 10 DVD pack.

I have been using both Cheapos and "branded", both last long. But the issue here is that we get coasters.. sometimes both burned stuff fails to read, sometime a part of the same is like that.

Dipen01

Youngling
Which is best among these ??
i mean Moserbaer,Intex,Princo,Sony and Edgetec which are widely available..

Pls dont go by statistics.. I am expecting users experience...

Prices i know...
Moserbaer - 32
Intex - 25
Princo - 25
Sony - 40
Edgetec - 30

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I don't think you will be able to notice any difference soon. I mean, dvds are meant to last for atleast a decade. Any fault will be noticed as coasters. I have used around 10 scorpio dvdrs (Rs. 15 each) and had no duds yet.

Dipen01

Youngling
Even i have around 20 Intex DVD's... Luckily no problems yet...

But was little worried as I use DVD's for backup. And backup is ur last resort. So by mistake if any DVD gets curropted then it will be a big problem for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom