Cheap and best ultra portable laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Does Dell Provide good service? One of my friends has got a Dell Inspiron Laptop. His DVD drive is damaged, and they are saying that it will take them 2-3 months to repair...

Sourabh

Laptoping
None of the Dell Inspirons are ultraportables, 12" XPS M1210 can be called so. Check Dell India website for it. Base config costs 63k.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
You could look for a Compaq Presario B1900 Notebook.
12.1 WXGA, Core Duo, DVD Writer, ATI Raedon cards. A power Machine.

Although the listed price is Rs.64990, a shop over here in pune is selling it for Rs.51000 along with all the warranties and all.

You could look for it in your town.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
HP Pavilion DV2124TX is available for Rs.50,990 with the following specs:

Core Duo-T2060
Intel 945PM exp
512MB DD2
80GB SATA
Lightscribe DVD-RW
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400
WinXP MCE
WLAN/BT/Exp Card/Webcam
14.1" Widescreen
Additional S/W

I think this is worth trying!

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
HP Pavilion is a good lappy. But if you want performance then go for either Dell Inspiron 6400 or Dell XPS M1210. XPS is more powerful and more portable.

Visit www.dell.co.in for details. And most important of them all dell lets you configure your lappy according to your needs. And my uncle uses Inspiron 6400. No service problem till date.

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
I doubt the MacBook price. It is not so cheap. It can't be that cheap. Please confirm the price.

And Dell XPS should cost you around 62-65 K. And believe me its the best option for you. Not sure about MacBook

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It costs Rs. 60,000. That is confirmed.

I checked out its price in Amaze, Kolkata.

If you go for the Core Duo version, you can get it for only fifty thousand bucks. :)

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
If it is macBook and the price is correct then I'd suggest that you get it. This way you can enjoy the best of both world Mac and Windows. It will be the ultimate.

But if you are considering size then XPS is the best option. And its quite powerful too.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Size and weight

Dell XPS M1210
  • Height: 1.2 inches (3.05 cm)
  • Width: 11.7 inches (29.72 cm)
  • Depth: 8.7 inches (22.1 cm)
  • Weight: 4.37 pounds (1.98 kg)

Apple MacBook
  • Height: 1.08 inches (2.75 cm)
  • Width: 12.78 inches (32.5 cm)