• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
I like both gaim and gyach.
*www.phrozensmoke.com/projects/pyvoicechat/

About Gyach Enhanced / pY! Voice Chat

Welcome to the home of Gyach Enhanced (Gyach-E) and pY! Voice Chat. Gyach Enhanced is currently THE most feature-rich Yahoo! client for Linux operating systems. It is an unofficial fork of the original Gyach, and supports almost all of the features you would expect to find on the official Windows Yahoo! client: Voice chat, webcams, faders, 'nicknames', audibles, avatars, display images, and more. Yet, it remains very light-weight and memory-friendly. Gyach Enhanced, pY! Voice Chat, and the Gyach-E Webcam Utilities all use Gtk-2 for their user interfaces (Gtk-2 2.0.6 or better required).

Gyach Enhanced is intended to be a deliberate departure from the growing trend of 'multi-protocol'/'multi-platform' messaging and chat clients which often suffer from half-baked or non-existent support for major features such as voice, webcams, privacy, security, and spam control, and generally offer slower adoption of new protocol features that Windows users have access to almost immediately with each new Y! Messenger release. Gyach Enhanced is never intended to be a 'multi-protocol' application (i.e., not intended for connecting to MSN, AIM, etc.) as I would rather use a client that handles one messaging system and handles it well, than a client that handles only the 'basics' on several systems.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
oh man... i am using lot many here... dont know which one too vote... i use all ... yes all

irssi, gaim, pidgin on windows :D, kopete, xchat, ircclient. since different distros have different software inbuilt.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
as Pidgin (formerly Gaim) supports most of the chatting protocols, it IS the most favorite.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Was using GAIM, haven't tried out Pidgin yet. I use Kopete for Y! as it supports better of those emoticons :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom