• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Chassis gives shock:-(

Not open for further replies.


Broken In
I assembled my first PC.
I was expecting studs or spacers along with cabby.
iball does not give..........only with grabit I hear.
iball mobo panel also cannot be removed.
Mounting holes have elevation.
This is suposed to solve the issue of spacers/studs.
But my chassis and all mounting screws give a shock.
I even tested with a tester.
The powder coated part of cabby does not give shock.
Any suggestions?

Don't buy iball cabby...flimsy construction......my
old mercury cabby was superb in comparision.


NP : Crysis
i've been using an iball grabit for over an year now, and am extremely happy with it...very sturdy and spacious. but i guess the other cabbys by iball aren't so gud


Bond, Desi Bond!
^^yep. The problem is with the earthing. If the earthing is not proper, even Cooler Master cabinet will give shock.

Check the socket, powercable etc.


Right off the assembly line
simply use a spike guard with earthing leak detector/display between the power supply and ur pc . u chk the leds display u will come to know abt the earthing fault.


Ambassador of Buzz
i agree..it is an earthing problem or an issue with your electrical wiring in your house..get a qualified electrician to check the wiring
you need to connect to a mains with three connectors..earth, neutral, live...
make sure apart from the live..none of the others are leaking electricity

Stop running your computer for now until the problem has been rectified...


In the zone
Even i have kinda similar problem with CM690. The power cable that came with CM600W PSU has a 2Pin(no earth pin) plug rather than 3Pin that usually comes with other PSU.Do i need to change the power cable?Though now iam not getting any shock.


In the zone
Check for earthing, even if earthing is good, check your spike buster is it giving reverse current, my older system i suffered the same once. I had switched off the UPS and just touched the Cabinet i got a shock. It was coming from the monitor, later i changed my spike.


Broken In
^^yep. The problem is with the earthing. If the earthing is not proper, even Cooler Master cabinet will give shock.

Check the socket, powercable etc.

My spike has 2 red lights on.
It says L & N reversed.

Can this damage my system?

Check your earthing ASAP.

How to do that.
I will get a electrician tommorrow.
Will a UPS solve the problem?
Last edited:


Get your wiring fixed at the earliest, I don't think a UPS can solve this problem, its always better to fix this sort of electrical issues,

Your PC peripherals can get damaged.


When I first purchased a PC way back in 2001 even I faced similar issues. It was only after I had the earthing fixed by an electrician did the problem resolved. So you have to wait till you have an electrician check your wiring.
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom