Changing the order in right click menu ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Hi guys,

In "my computer", we all use double click on a hard drive icon to see the content of that Hard disk drive[ C, or D...], i started using Window blinds...and then after sometime..when i double clicked,.... the windows search program started popping up instead of the drive getting opened up.
And then i found that when i right clicked the drive icon...i was able to see the "open" caption in the 2nd place in the right click menu and the "Search" text in the 1st place of the menu.....
So everytime i double click the hard drive icon the windows search open up.
Guys can anyone help me resolve this problem ??

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Open Windows Explorer, go to Tools>Folder Options>File Types. When the list loads look for
Code:
Extension     File Type
-----------   -----------
(NONE)        Drive
(NONE)        File Folder
(NONE)        Folder
and then select them and click Advanced. If you already have open or explore, in that list, select it and press the "Set Default" button. If you don't click the " New" button, and enter open or explore in it and set the program to explorer.exe. Set this as the new default and you should be back to normal.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
yes! do as directed .. by enoonmai ... it shd work out ...

But i just wanted to inquire tht how the right-click menu is expanded using some players like JetAudio ...

actually i want registry changes ... can neone help me in this ?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
When you install third party programs, they add their entries to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Folder/shellex key. These are system wide explorer changes. Customized context-sensitive right click options can be found under
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Folder/shellex/ContextMenuHandlers
or
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/*/shellex/ContextMenuHandlers
You can delete orphaned or unused handlers from here.

Be careful as you would need to know which it is that you are deleting and also you need to look up CLSIDs to be sure if it lists a CLSID instead of a program detail, as it usually does.

OP
L

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Thanks...but a new problem, when i double click...a new window gets opened up...i checked the folder options-->general tab, it is specified as open folder in the same window only....but still it opens up in new window...i think along with explorer.exe something else should also be added, like some -s or -r...i am not sure ???

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
No, that's how it works. To remove this problem and restore it to its previous setting, go to Tools>Folder Options>File Types and select (NONE) Drive again and select the Open action that you added and click the Remove button. This will remove all defaults and revert the action to the system default, opening the drive contents in the same window. If the option to remove is grayed out, then click Start>Run and type in
regedit
and press Enter. In the Registry Editor window that opens up, navigate to
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Drive/shellex
Click the plus sign next to the shellex key to drop the list down, and right click the "open" key and delete the key. Close regedit and check. It should be working as usual now.

OP
L

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Thanks...it worked...except that it is HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Drive/shell instead of shellex.

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom