changing default theme colour of ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

thilina

From Sri Lanka
As everyone knws the default colour in ubuntu is brown.I dont like this clour.How can I change it??

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Visit
*art.gnome.org and
*gnome-look.org

Find a theme/window border/icon pack of your choice.

Now go to System > Prefrences > Theme and drag the downloaded archives onto that Theme window to install it. Then just browse through the main window or in Theme Details and adjust your look.

[Note : (dont extract the downloaded files)]

A guide to Vista look by a friend is here.
*teen.wordpress.com/2006/08/26/vista-ubuntu-vubuntu

OP
thilina

thilina

From Sri Lanka
I will check your links guys

In most of the other places this is same.I want to change that colour.Guys,thats my question.

Last edited:

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Right click on the desktop and select change desktop background. Then in the dialog box that appears check the section that says "desktop colours" and says solid. Click on the little black box there and u can select any colour u like. Happy modding !!!.

OP
thilina

thilina

From Sri Lanka
it does not help
it cant change the default theme colour
the option you told will be only applied to the background
& also brown colour is switched to this "choosen" colour only after sometime logging in.(Log in to ubuntu & youll see wat i said)

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hmm, but thilina why do u bother coz u must be using a wallpaper, then it shows in that cr@p brown color only for what half a second so dun bother. See we still have to stick with that crappy ubuntu orange splash screen right so dun worry just let it be like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom