Changing bios , for wake up Computer, main board D845GVSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

eureca_eureca

In the zone
My mother board is intel D845 GVSR i want to change bios to for working with softwares that can wake up a pc after switching of at a particular time , i installed the latest update , but i didnt see the required functions.
the function need are
setup Resume by Alarm
Set up date
etc

please help me do this

Baroon

Broken In
I must tell you that Intel Desktop Board doesn't include such function in their BIOS and moreover the bios on Intel Desktop Board is not socketed, i.e, they are wired on the board. So you only have the option to flash it, i.e, update it which you already have done. And you should know that BIOS are made specifically for the board considering its funcionality. So you can't put in just other BIOS in board that doesn't match the specification.

So you have to stick with what you have or just change your motherboard with Award BIOS, which have such functionality.

shoegoe

Broken In
Well... Not really...

Just because any software doesnt wake the sys up, means that the sys cannot be remotly waked up at all...

Try Intelligent Wakeup. If its a GVSR chipset, i am sure that the sys can wake up remotely

To be truthful, Intelligent wake up is very useful nowadays to do Scheduled tasks b/w 2-8 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom