Changing backlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

titun

I am probably the last person on this earth ( or digit forum atleast ) using a NOKIA 1100. I am happy with this landline kinda cell phone except 2 issues.
1) Its rubber keypad is clean white now with no printed material on it as its been under my constant torture for 2 years. Well this can be fixed by buying a new cover costing nearly Rs.150.
2) The yellow backlight is kinda sluggish, ( if any one of you EDGE,BLUETOOTH,MULTI-MEGA-PIXEL cell users remember how does it look ). So my question is, is it possible to change the yellow backlight to white one like in NOKIA 1108 ??

I did not asked the near by NOKIA CARE as they might give me a hearty laugh listening my unusual (read cheap) query. So betten to ask u mobile monsters.

I think it is possible by changing the small lights besides the screen from yellow to white. But does any NOKIA CARE does it ??

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Though I dont know the sol of ur problem , I wanna say one thing there is nothing to look down if u have Nokia 1100.
Its a good phone with all the basic features of a cell phone. It also has a torch which is very useful at times.Earlier I was having Nokia 1100 but Now I have sold it not because I hate it but because it had stopped functioning after 2 years of torture. I still love that phone , hence I purchased a nokia 1108 for my dad which we use interchangeably.

anispace

dattebayo
well u can remove and resolder white LEDs on ur phones PCB...:D

just joking ,but i dont think its possible. And yeah these Nokia phones r really sturdy especially the older ones like 3310,3315,1100 etc.

OP
T

titun

Thanks ~Phenom~ :) . Yes the tourch has helped a lot since the street light in front of my house stopped working.

@anispace, jokes apart, i also think the same. Why not it be possible to change the LEDs, ofcourse not by me but by a authorised service man.

I think now I should ask at the local Nokia Care Center.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
i think this is possible, coz a few days bak i saw a guy using N3310 whch was extra ordinary...y? his backlite was an awful pink.... but white one wud luk gud....
my point...i think its possible

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have a friend who did mobile serviceing , I saw once he replace the yellow LCD to a white one. I guess those LCD's are available in the market but requires servicing by a professional .

OP
T

titun

Thanks for the reply guys. Surely will ask at the Nokia Care Center tomorrow and will post my experience.

anispace

dattebayo
well if u remove ur phones cover u will find that the LEDs r not the 1's u find on ur tv,monitor etc. but the really tiny ones. I think these cannot be desoldered. Anyways U might end up spoiling ur phone. I dont think Nokia Care will change them for u. And even if they do do they will probably charge u.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
YES , titun, it's possible. i did it on my old 3315 around 1 year ago and i changed it's backlight to a COOL WHITE color. it needs total 8 LED. But the LED are i think different than simple LED's. i did it from a electronics market.

OP
T

titun

So I must go with it. Only one concern is if it will damage the phone. In any case the phone is damaged I will change it because it has reached its usage limit.

Talking about limit, I wonder what is the longest period of time you fellows have used or seen a guy using only one cell phone ??

Sinnet

Broken In
ola doodie
well for ur problem
go for a new panel w/ keypad which costs bout 90 rupees,
paing 150 rupees at a nearby shop is fine :)
secondly the led's can be changed ,
a experienced repair person can do it,
i like ages ago had completely changed the led's ;
and backlight led's to BLUE on my 3310 and installed,
a transparent panel making it look UBER cool.
tho it must be seen that when i did it 3310 was
a GOOD phone. now it's just obsolete.
so go ahead find the right guy (NOKIA CARE WONT DO ****),
and mod ur phone.
aloha
sIn

maheshmax

Broken In
hi guys
i am a cell phone repairer
see u can change the lights of your phone
there are two ways
one the lights are situated on your display on exteme right and left you can change them directly however the lights are not avalable and only a repairer can do it
second u can attach a 1108 display that would solve your problem
a 1108 display is compatible with 1100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom