Change your PC to morning alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SE><IE

Now this is specially for the ones who are too lazy to get up even when the trust cellphone dies screeching its lungs out.
Its pretty simple :D

Creating the playlist
create a playlist of your favourite songs in Winamp, WMP or any other player. Export the playlist as a M3U playlist. M3U is generally accepted by almost every player.

Triggering the alarm
point to start> programs >accessories > system tools >scheduled tasks
Create a new task and choose program as windows media player or winamp (May work with others too but I haven't tried anything else)
Choose "daily", Enter the time and choose "every day" at next screen.
It would now ask for password (leave blank in case you don't have one)
Right click on the newly created task and check the "run only if logged in" check box. In the properties. Append the path to the playlist you created in the "run" text box. It should now look like
Code:
"D:\windows media player\wmplayer.exe" K:\Playlists\smoothies.m3u
the text inside quotes is my WMP's path. It may vary for you. The text after WMP's path is the one to the playlist.
Click OK and you're done.

Go sleep! :D

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Thx for tute friend, but I need to shut down my PC everyday so.....
Anyway, good for those who don't need to shutdown...

OP
S

SE><IE

There are many who keep their respective PCs ON. you can shutdown the PC (not from UPS though) and check the "wake computer to start this task" kinda checkbox. I'm not sure of the working though. May require wake on call support by mobo :D

OP
S

SE><IE

I was sick of the 'tarr tarr' of my phone and found the volume to less for my dino skin ears. Now I have scheduled WMP to play songs at full volume. :D

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
There is this particular software form Lifsoft called Auto Poweron & Shutdown *www.lifsoft.com/,
using which you can do lots of scheduled tasks like:
Shutting and restarting the computer at predefined times,
Automatic waking up from Standby or Hibernate mode,
Starting and stopping programs as and whe needed,
And as you said it can play audio files which can be used as alarms.
and lot more.

Using this you can wake the computer from standby or hibernate mode in the morning and play a music. In this way, too much power is not used up in keeping the system on all night.:)

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
If you use linux, download exaile music player. It's an amarok counterpart for GNome. It has this feature inbuilt. Open exaile, then tools>plugins>highlight alarm clock and then configure.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Aren't there any programs on Windows meant for the specific purpose of serving as an alarm? I know two of them on a Macintosh: Alarm Clock Pro and Aurora. I am sure they must have PC counterparts too, nothing a good Google search cannot yield. :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I did. I used it for four years but I never felt the need to make my PC serve as an alarm clock so I do not know about any software that can do so.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
I had used College Alarm. Link. Its just a 272kb app and free.

Anyways thanks SE><IE.
But i don't keep my pc on in the night.

OP
S

SE><IE

@lucky star: There's no need to use third party S/Ws for waking up etc. Like I said you do have the option of "wake computer to run this task" option.
But nothing can switch ON the UPS :D

OP
S

SE><IE

Oye yaar, ek cheez ke liye itne dkarne ki kya zaroorat hai. UPS se band na karo aur kya ;)

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
@ SE><IE
If i hav turned my UPS on but the PC is shutdown. WIll my PC be automatically Restarted when the time comes??
If YES then plz xplain...
Tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom