change the START button text........(OLD..... BUT FUN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj{IB}

Right off the assembly line
hello ppl.........
Many Of U must be knowing and who don't know are willing to know how to change the text of start button in windows XP because in previous windows it was easier to change the text of start button with winboost but in windows XP it can be done as follow.

First of all
Go to your windows folder here copy explorer.exe to any location and rename it explorer1.exe u can give any name now put it back to to the windows folder..

Now the real stuff
get a hex editor i use Reshacker open explorer1.exe
here go to string table here u will see entry 37 open it u will see 1033 click it.
on right hand side u will see start written edit this start with any 5 alphabet character and click Compile script.

Now save this explorer1.exe

now click run enter regedit. Follow.
gO tO HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\M*crosoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

here u will see a entry named shell Double click it to edit and enter explorer1.exe or whatevername u have given.
Now Restart
WOW The text of start button had changed with the text u entered.

NOTE:ITS 100%SAFE IF ANYBODY ACQUIRES ANY PROBLEM I M HERE.
JUST TRY IT
ITS COOL

C

cybermanas

Thanks for the link to the download.I have now successfully changed the text.CAN i also change the background of the button.

anandk

Distinguished Member
netjunkie : thnx 4 correcting d link :)

cybermanas : use 'mysb v 2.0.3.0'
*www.sayesoft.com.au/mySB/
freak out with ur start butn !!! :D

suraj

Journeyman
anandk said:
or else use StartBtn Renamer v 2.02
click www.startbtn.main-page.com , i think.

in this sit i got some free down load software,there is no site for
change of "start button text"

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Suraj, please go through the thread completely. Theres link given by Netjunkie just below the anandk's post.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I think the best way is to use the combo of resourse hacker and replacer. It works well, and if it does not, you always will have Mr. Vista around. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom