Change of resolution and linux softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi87

Journeyman
How can the resolution(desktop) be changed in Fedora core 4. My current res. is 800X600.,true color. I hv Samsung Smatron 75E 17inch. CRT and NVIDIA GeForce 2 32MB card. ALso how to change the shell-Gnome-KdE ? and Also suggest a site that offers downloading linux softwares.

naveenchandran

In the zone
adi87 said:
How can the resolution(desktop) be changed in Fedora core 4. My current res. is 800X600.,true color. I hv Samsung Smatron 75E 17inch. CRT and NVIDIA GeForce 2 32MB card.

On Gnome Click on the ' Applications ' menu and then click on ' Preferences ' > 'Screen Resolution'

If you are not finding anything beyond 800x600 .. Manually edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf There you will have to set the Horizantal and vertical refresh rates range as given in your moniter's manual. and then set the resolution.

adi87 said:
ALso how to change the shell-Gnome-KdE ?.

switchdesk

adi87 said:
and Also suggest a site that offers downloading linux softwares.

*directory.fsf.org/index.html
www.sourceforge.net
www.tucows.com and many....

OP
A

adi87

Journeyman
naveenchandran said:
Do one thing on the login screen.. where u enter user name and password you can see "Sessions" you can change in that..
Thnx I got it. Cud u guide me step by step to change res. up frm 800X600? there is no other mentioned in here apart frm 640X480 and 800X600

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Select your correct monitor in the hardware tab on Display Options. If your exact model no is not available, choose the nearest one. (For eg: Samtron 75P will do for you). Now you'll see more supported resolutions.

If this thing did'nt worked, refer to the Sticky [How To] Editing The Xorg .conf File by Satissh.

praka123

left this forum longback
:D Hello,in fedora,i think this command system-config-display may help you specify higher resoltn..try this...

OP
A

adi87

Journeyman
prakash kerala said:
:D Hello,in fedora,i think this command system-config-display may help you specify higher resoltn..try this...
Again i m a novice in linux . it wud be extremely gr8ful of u if u guide me step by step to the abovesaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom